so I got my 8800 yesterday from vodafone in the UK. They had to get ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

my 8800 woes (help appreciated)

Advertisement

so I got my 8800 yesterday from vodafone in the UK. They had to get it delivered for me as they didnt have any in store. Picked it up, confirmed that its not locked (net/sim), paid and left.

Got home, plugged in my eplus (german) sim: "invalid sim card". Plugged in a vodafone prepaid: "invalid sim card".

Called the store: nobody picks up. Called customer care and after explaining, was told that they wouldnt do it over the phone, I need to go back to the store.

I cant go back to the store as I live in egrmany, and am back there since today..... called vodafone UK customer care again, their response: we wont do it over the phone. I asked to speak to their supervisor, he was busy and promised to call back. he didnt.

nipped down to vodafone germany today (on the offchance), and they cant help. called vodafone germany customer support, they said that according to their system, the imei isnt simlocked. called vodafone UK, they said it is simlocked...

to be brutally honest, I dont give a flying f*** about paying to get this thing unlocked, I just wanna use it, but i cant believe the runaround that ive been given.

anyway, to cut a long story short, iver ordered an unlock code online thru a 3rd party, and im hoping thatll fix my woes...

just out of interest, the Voda UK 8800 does have a belt pouch

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

Re: my 8800 woes (help appreciated)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~honestly I've gotten the run around too. This isn't going to help you but I'm just letting you know you're not the only one. The store always says call cs and cs always says go to the store... I finally gave up good luck!

wilsotom no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: my 8800 woes (help appreciated)

So I find myself in exactly the same siutuation...locked 8800...shiite vodaphone cs, and no website that can unlock my sparkly new 8800...can you share with me the third party you found who can unlock?

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Im still working on it...

I have a friend who has contacts to voda UK, but dont have much hopes there.

Apparently http://www.unlocktotalk.com/ can do 8800s (regardless of network) but im waiting on my contact before trying them

PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

for what its worth, my friend came through.....

wilsotom no está en línea Stack level 1

So........I have spent on average of 3 hours a day since i posted my last measage trying to get this damned thing unlocked - btw since then the model has been launched in Hong Kong (where I live) and is about $100 cheaper, but that's another story - Vodafone CS are shocking - really shocking, I have tried about 4 internet unlocking providers who say that can do it, I pay them, they can't, they refund me, I've called about 12 shope in the UK who say they unlock, they cant. Nowehere locally in HK can do it - they just laugh at me for buying in in the UK.....so I find myself with a $600 handset that I cant ue....somewhat pissed off to say the least.....can anyone suggest anything?

Yours

Bitter and Twisted......