Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i downloaded some music on my media card but the blackberry wont show the files, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

palmtreepimp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DBB65B

Question music not showing on media card! help!!!

Advertisement

i downloaded some music on my media card but the blackberry wont show the files, but the files are there, i can see where the memory has been used and the file show on my yahoo juke box, help, help, help

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: music not showing on media card! help!!!

If you loaded the music on the memory card. Make sure memory card has been formatted for the blaclberry~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lkrhodes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ can you tell us how to tell if its already formatted or how to format it?

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

what type of music files are they? If the 8800 is anything like the 8100 it will only see mp3s.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Go to options then to advanced options and then to media card. Press your menu button and scroll down to format card. It will prompt you that it will erase all data on the card. Press ok and it will format it. Once you do that you can then reload the music on to your media card and you'll have a music folder to put the music into~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Do what jonnyxedge said and that should work. If not then tell us and we can help you out some more.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

PV
    PV no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same issue when trying to view media files on the MicroSD card. However, once you disconnect the USB between the 8800 and your PC, the files will show up. For some reason it will not allow you to view your media files when connected (as a Mass Storage Device). I thought I was loosing it, because the files showed up on the card on the PC. All is fine now. So far, so good with the 8800. The Telnav is really amazing. The only bug I have noticed so far is that the track ball has frozen twice so far. However, it came back after a power off/on.

PV

The 8800 does not seem to support any video format other than mp4 files (which is what the pre-loaded video is). I tried AVI, WMV, MOV and MPG and none of these formats worked. Am I missing something? Any one else have succcess in viewing non-MP4 video files?

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

If you're looking to convert to a mp4 file, try searching google for this free software: erightsoft.com. The program is called SUPER. I use it a lot for other devices. Sorry but I can't post links yet....

PV

Thanks nimocone.

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi - I have a BB Curve 8300. Since upgrading the media card to a 1gb, I have successfully downloaded about 750mb of tunes. No probs playing these, but occasionally (for no apparent reason), some of the tunes can not be found on the BB Media Player. My solution to this is to switch off the unit, take out the micro sd card, put it back in and hey presto, all the tunes are there. This is inconvenient and I wonder whether there could be a problem with the unit, or with the media card. There is no option under Advanced Options for the Media Card, so I am not sure how to format (maybe i dont need to, it does work normally). Grateful for any advice on the best way to remedy this intermittent problem. Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Lightbulb Music and Media Tips

Quote Originally Posted by palmtreepimp
    i downloaded some music on my media card but the blackberry wont show the files, but the files are there, i can see where the memory has been used and the file show on my yahoo juke box, help, help, help
    1. As noted above, an SD Card needs to be formatted on the BlackBerry. You can NOT format it under Windows (don't know about the Mac or Linux). The format it uses is called RAW by Windows.
    2. The card must have the following directory structure:
      • \BlackBerry
        • \music
        • \pictures
        • \ringtones
        • \videos
        This is done automatically if you format the card on the BlackBerry.
    3. The BlackBerry 8800 will play .aac, .amr, .m4a, .midi, .mp3, or .wav files as long as they are NOT DRM Locked.
    4. The Media's Music Player looks in BlackBerry\music by default, and typically that's where you put your music files. However, when you start Media, if you Click the Scrollwheel/Menu button you can select Explore and use media files anywhere on the card. (For whatever reason if I select Music and then select Explore, the file browser doesn't "see" my MP3 files, but if I do the same from the first Media screen it works fine!).
    5. I like to keep my MP3's under the \Music directory off the root and subdirectories under that, and just put playlists in the BlackBerry\music directory. I use Playlist Creator 3 to create relative playlists. That is, they have no drive reference, they point to the MP3 files using ..\. Playlist Creator can do it automatically.
    6. When browsing for a file to play, you can Click the Scrollwheel / Menu button and select either Play Subfolder, Play Folder, or Play All.
    7. If you're playing a folder or a playlist, with a song playing you can Click the Scrollwheel / Menu button and select Shuffle.
    Hope that helps!
    Last edited by jdellasala; 07-30-2007 at 09:00 AM.
    JerryD

mr3xcellent no está en línea Stack level 1

Do files need ID3 tags before the player will see them? I made my own MP3s using LAME and RazorLAME frontend from my own WAV files (I'm in a band, and this is my own music.) I don't think they would be DRM locked. Winamp plays them like a champ on the PC. I copied a bunch over, and they all play except for the onesI did myself. thanks.

-mr3xcellent

soundsubs no está en línea Stack level 1

mr3--- me too! same thing here. all the real bands ive got are showing up as directories/artists, but my bands arent? whats the solution?

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey
    Hi - I have a BB Curve 8300. Since upgrading the media card to a 1gb, I have successfully downloaded about 750mb of tunes. No probs playing these, but occasionally (for no apparent reason), some of the tunes can not be found on the BB Media Player. My solution to this is to switch off the unit, take out the micro sd card, put it back in and hey presto, all the tunes are there. This is inconvenient and I wonder whether there could be a problem with the unit, or with the media card. There is no option under Advanced Options for the Media Card, so I am not sure how to format (maybe i dont need to, it does work normally). Grateful for any advice on the best way to remedy this intermittent problem. Thanks
    This is a known problem with the new Media player on the 8830 & 8300. Takes a (long) time to re-index. After turning on your BB ... open the Media Player and then (if you can) just let it sit there doing nothing for 5 or more minutes. Give it time to re-index and all of your songs will indeed re-appear! I though I was crazy at first too ... the PC connected via USB would see them, but the 8830 would not. Patience has its virtues, I guess /

/BD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast