I know this sounds complicated, but there must be someone running the same config out ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

GlobalBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Ms Vista Business & Bluetooth Sync And Dial Up Issues!

Advertisement

I know this sounds complicated, but there must be someone running the same config out there?

I cant get the 8800 to sync via BT or to dial up using BT.

Any ideas would be greatly apprecaited,

Thanks in advance,

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Ms Vista Business & Bluetooth Sync And Dial Up Issues!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ keep in mind that the two issues are not necessarily related. I am able to bluetooth DUN (dial up networking) but cannot synch. To setup the bluetooth dialup I connected my phone to my laptop via BT then went into My Connections on my laptop and used the wizard to setup DUN. You'll have to know all the dialibg sequences for your carrier, there is hope!

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

woodi68 can you show a detial how you setup BT DUN with the BB, I have the 8703 but will be getting the 8830 and would like to use the BT DUN with it. I did this when I had my Windows Mobile Phone and really liked this feature because there is times when all you want to do is download email and do some short web site surfing. Thanks

PIN/ID
    woodi68

First you have to go into the Control Panel and your Bluetooth Configuration and "pair" your phone with your computer. They won't be able to do anything at first, but this is a first step. Next go into "My Bluetooth Places" and use the "Bluetooth Setup Wizard". From that menu you can select one of two things, 1) "I know the service I want to use and I want to find a bluetooth device that provides that service", OR 2) "I want to find a specific bluetooth device and configure how this computer will use its services".

Lets start with 1: if you select "I know the service I want to use and I want to find a bluetooth device that provides that service" then next you'll see a list of all the available types of Bluetooth services your computer can do (not necessarily that your phone can do). Scroll down to Dial-up Networking and click next. Now it will search for your phone (if you haven't paired it yet it will search, otherwise it will list the available pairded devices that are compatible with this service). Click on your phone and click next. It will create a new "Bluetooth Place". Now you are at a screen that askes you to configure the settings. Uncheck "Start the Connection". click on configure and then on Configure again. Now you should be looking at the dial-up settings like a listing of modems. Make sure the new "Bluetooth Modem" is checked. Next make sure the "All Devices call the same numbers" is checked. Below that in phone number (for Verizon) make sure the number is "#777" (no quotes). To to the Options tab, in here I only have "Display progress while connecting", no other boxes in here are checked. In the Redial options section I have 0 Redial Attempts and 1 second time between redial attempts and never idle time before hanging up.

Next tab: Security. Data Encryption: Optional encryption (Connect even if no encryption), then "Allow these protocalls" is marked and checked below it are ALL EXCEPT "Allow older MS-CHAP verion...." and "For MS-CHAP Basaed protocals......". Click next (message will appear, click ok).

Nex tab: Networking. Type of Dial-up is "PPP: Windows.....". Checked in the :This connection uses the following items" box: are Internet Protcal (TCP/IP), QoS Packet Scheduler and my firewall software. click on the TCP/IP item and go into Properties. Once open go into advanced button. In here you have Three tabs: 1) General, in here check both check marks, 2) DNS, no changes, 3) WINS, check "Enable LMHOSTS lookup" and select Enable NetBios over TCP/IP.

Click ok. Click ok. Click ok. you should be back to the "configure" part of the Bluetooth properties. Click ok then click finish and you should be set.

Now, to connect just click Start, go to the "Connect to" and click on your new "BluetoothConnection" icon.

PHEW! That was easy!

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Keep in mind I have Windows XP Pro, not Vista. Although I HOPE it's very similar.

GlobalBB no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68
    Keep in mind I have Windows XP Pro, not Vista. Although I HOPE it's very similar.
    Thanks, but Vista confi is diffrent, some settings are the same, so are totallt diffrent, so now i am lost.

HELP

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

woodi68 under option> Bluetooth> then paired items on BB> Then Choose Device properties and under services does it show DUN along with Audio Gateway on the BB. I have the 8703 right now but looking forward for the 8830 from Sprint so that I can use BT DUN. Also thanks for posting the instructions on how to BT DUN.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Actually mine only shows Bluetooth Serial Port and PIM Item Transfer (you can actually transfer your address vCards to your computer or another device via Bluetooth!! Not all devices, but my understanding is that you can send it to these newer generation BBs, Pearl forward.)

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Ok, now I have a laptop that I just upgraded to Vista. Now I can't dial-up at all and it took me two days to get it to even recognize my BB.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

You will not be able to do both bluetooth sync and bluetooth DUN.

The Microsoft stack does not support the DUN with the Blackberry.

The Desktop Manager does not support the Toshiba or WIDCOMM stack. Further the Toshiba stack has a bunch of known conflicts with Desktop Manager that prevent the Toshiba stack from doing much of anythig with the phone.

I used these resources and figured out how to make it work.

http://www.somelifeblog.com/2007/03/...iguration.html

http://www.somelifeblog.com/2007/03/...iguration.html

http://www.dev-toast.com/2007/01/05/...h-in-vista-rtm

I have this configuration working on a Vista Ultimate Machine with a Kensington Bluetooth Dongle and a Vista Home Premium system with Dell Truemobile 350 internal bluetooth.
    Last edited by Crewdawg257; 06-30-2007 at 09:42 AM.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown