Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LOL, and no matter how disappointed anyone is or will be with the 8800 the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: MMS on Blackberry 8800

Advertisement

LOL, and no matter how disappointed anyone is or will be with the 8800 the build-up has already started all over again with the 9xxx.

In this sence I'm a bit thankful that TMO was not first to launch, perhaps it will give me time to learn more about whats comming down the pike before I adopt a new device. However, I'm not sure that much could stop me from running out and getting the newest device anyway.

My biggest problem, is my wife. I love her, but she's not very technically savvy. What she is though, is envious of any new device I pick up and has to have one of her own. So, I'm not just an early adopter of one BB, I'm the early adopter of two BBs
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

dirtystayout no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F22FCB

I spent about 3 hours on the phone between RIM and Cingular support... niether could figure it out... I got it to work on my 8800 by entertin the APN settings... If you go to OPTIONS, ADVANCED, TCP... and set them to these settings:

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

Took the battery out, put it back in, and it works...

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Ditto Dirtystayout, that got minw working fine

masonworks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I have tried all the suggestions here. I am on Cingular's service with a new 8800 on BES - Exchange. Everything is working great. So far I like it more than my 8700c. When I try to send an MMS, i just get the red x. I can send and receive email and text messages just fine. Tried the TCP settings too. Still no luck. Any help is very much appreciated.

masonworks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Wanted to leave an update. I called Cingular and they looked at my account. It turns out the text messaging plan I was on did not support MMS. They upgraded me to the BlackBerry bundle which has unlimited data and 1000 of any kind of message for $5 a month less than what I was paying. Anyway, thanks

rob_grimes no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Unbelievable! Sending myself an MMS message solved the prob lem!

Thermal_Scor no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by masonworks
    I have tried all the suggestions here. I am on Cingular's service with a new 8800 on BES - Exchange. Everything is working great. So far I like it more than my 8700c. When I try to send an MMS, i just get the red x. I can send and receive email and text messages just fine. Tried the TCP settings too. Still no luck. Any help is very much appreciated.

Are you incuding a subject line with your MMS?

The Cingular network requires a subject in order for the message to go through correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12