Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I cant get it to receive pic messages. It seems like it is capable. Does ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jprincipe no está en línea Stack level 2

MMS on Blackberry 8800

Advertisement

I cant get it to receive pic messages. It seems like it is capable. Does anyone have any insight on this subject?

dimosthenis no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: MMS on Blackberry 8800

I’ve just tried to send & receive animated gif file. The MMS service works fine (Video MMS for some reason are not supported). What kind of error message appears in the screen when you try to send or receive a multimedia message?

Well my wife tried to send me a pic to test it out and it says unable to retrieve message. please try again later. I kno wI have a text plan too. Hmm. what do ya think?

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think you just need to send yourself a picture from your e-mail to your phone, once that happens you can now receive and send mms

mm, how can i send a pic fromn my email to my phone?

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well my email is setup on my phone, so I just used a computer and sent it to my other e-mail which is linked to my phone

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

To set up my MMS, I had to compose a MMS and send it to myself to get that feature to work!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Usually with MMS you have two send Two pictures to activate it...
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628
    To set up my MMS, I had to compose a MMS and send it to myself to get that feature to work!
    That's the answer alright, I've done the same thing and that's all it takes.

This new 8800 is fantastic, so far I'm really enjoying it.

Cheers...

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

It wont support video MMS? Thats dissapointing. My friend keeps sending me MMS videos from his ENVY to my 8700 and I always thought that I would'nt be at such a disadvantage when I adopt the 8800. Guess I was wrong. :cry:
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Quote Originally Posted by mistadobolin
    It wont support video MMS? Thats dissapointing. My friend keeps sending me MMS videos from his ENVY to my 8700 and I always thought that I would'nt be at such a disadvantage when I adopt the 8800. Guess I was wrong. :cry:
    With all the potential features that could be incorporated into a mobile phone, there are always compromises like any other product. One cannot have everything. Nor can a manufacturer please everyone.

If you feel that you would be at such a disadvantage by purchasing an 8800 that is missing only one feature, just pass and buy something else.

Join your friends that place a very high value on MMS Video and get an ENVY. A nice entertainment device.

After all the 8800 has never been advertised as the latest in entertainment. That is far from it's target market.

The 8800 is for businesses and individuals that place a high priority on productivity, communications, and a reliable device that features world class reliability.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Because of my dependence on email, I will always use a BlackBerry.
    That said, I am allowed to hope and dream about fun and useful features like anyone else.

Cheers.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Because of my dependence on email, I will always use a BlackBerry.
    That said, I am allowed to hope and dream about fun and useful features like anyone else.

Cheers.
    I certainly agree with you.

Please understand I was not being critical, simply pointing out that sometimes we are faced with limitations on certain products, that lack a feature that we would truly enjoy.

Since we have choices and it sounded like you were very disappointed with the lack of a feature that you valued, that it might be your best bet to buy the device that has what seemed to be a feature of high value to you and your friends.

I did not intend on being critical or judgmental. If my post came across that way please accept my apology.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    I certainly agree with you.

Please understand I was not being critical, simply pointing out that sometimes we are faced with limitations on certain products, that lack a feature that we would truly enjoy.

Since we have choices and it sounded like you were very disappointed with the lack of a feature that you valued, that it might be your best bet to buy the device that has what seemed to be a feature of high value to you and your friends.

I did not intend on being critical or judgmental. If my post came across that way please accept my apology.

Cheers...
    I apreciate your advice.

I suppose that I (like many others) had build up this device in my mind. It provides many mixed feelings because while I'm sure it will be the best device offered by RIM at this time, it seems a bit deflated against the berry to end all berrys I had pictured months before.

Thanks,

-Bob

I apreciate your advice.

I suppose that I (like many others) had build up this device in my mind. It provides many mixed feelings because while I'm sure it will be the best device offered by RIM at this time, it seems a bit deflated against the berry to end all berrys I had pictured months before.

Thanks,

-Bob
    Yes, I can certainly relate to your comment about building it up in your mind. I tend to do that as well, sometimes my optimisim sets my expectations way too high.

From my perspective, and constant research, it appears [I say this at a big risk. ] that perhaps the most improved and feature laden BlackBerry will be the 9xxx series.

With the rumors floating around promising a faster processor and 3G to 3.5G connectivity, I'm already fired up and ready. To make matters worse, I have a few really solid and reliable contacts within both RIM & Cingular. So this makes it even harder to wait. Patience...what me? There are so many variables that one simply does not know until we have it in our hands.

So my approach lately has been to use a current BlackBerry that fits my needs the best and focus on getting the most out of it. Now, I'm dealing from a position that provides me with the peace of mind that I have my current needs met. Or as close to being met as possible with what is currently available.

Then going forward at least I have time on my side, or at least I like to think that. Truth be told I'm such a tech enthusiast and work in the industry, that I'm a helpless early adopter.....

Cheers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast