I have a couple of problems here and be easy I'm a novice... 1. Past ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jward no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Missing Calendar Entries

Advertisement

I have a couple of problems here and be easy I'm a novice...

1. Past calendar entries will disappear for no apparent reason (I need to keep them for work).

2. When I try to sync with my outlook(2003) it tries to delete everything off my outlook to match my newly erased calendar on my BB. I can choose to re-sync and it will then copy everything back over.

Is this a memory issue? I have quite a few contacts and past calendar entries, but just a couple of photos and no music. Thanks in advance!

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Missing Calendar Entries

its in the options for the calander. the way i do it is open your calander and press menu->options->keep appointments and it has the choice of 15,,30,60,90 days or forver.

Well, what's weird is that choice doesn't appear on this device. I think it has to do with the enterprise server. This device is just used with a yahoo account and the enterprise server is not needed. The frustrating part is that they will pull over from outlook and just when I need them (to look back on to see where I was on a given day) they are gone. I don't really know what is causing them to disappear? Also, I will just randomly lose my yahoo forwarding capability through my BB account.

so are you on the bes or bis

I know I'm not on bes. What is bis? Sorry for the ignorance...

Blackberry Enterprise Server or BES, Blackberry Internet Server BIS or what you have without an enterprise server. so i would look through the intellesync options on your desktop manager. you may find your answer there. unfortunatly i dont sync my stuff with outlook so i dont know

Ok. Thanks anyway.

pfrost no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had the same problem. I have the 8800 and use Outlook Calendar on my PC. Everyday like clockwork past entires over 90 days old will automatically delete. The only past entires over 90 days old that stay are the entries set up as re-occuring. I am not hooked up to a Blackberry Server and simply use the Redirect. There is no option regarding the number of days to save on the 8800 (this appears to be a feature if you are using a Blackberry server). We have a dozen 8800's in the company, most however are on a Blackberry Server. They also loose their entries 90 days in the past no matter what the number of days it is set to save. This only started when I upgraded to the 8800. Past Blackberrys did not have this issue. Everyday I loose 1800 entries. Additionally when I sync, it wants to delete all the entries in Outlook to match the handheld so I have to "reSync" in order to get them back on the handheld. I opened a case with Blackberry tech support months ago and they act like they have never heard of this problem, but from the comments here, it is an obvious problem. They even sent me a new phone, but it does the same thing. Sound like they need to correct a programming problem.