I have a Blackberry 8800. Last night, my BB was ringing because someone was calling ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tamer8 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Missed call icon / notfication still showing

Advertisement

I have a Blackberry 8800.
    Last night, my BB was ringing because someone was calling me. before I can answer my BB, just rebooted. When it rebooted, I went to see who called me and it did not show that anyone called, however in the notification area (the are where it display the signal strength and new mail and etc...) I have the missed call icon. How do I get rid of that icon? I made another missed call, and the icon changed from 1 missed calls to 2, I went and I called the 2nd missed called and the icon changed to 1 missed call. I also went and I cleared my missed phone call log and I cleared all my phone call logs. Still the icon is there. Please help.

Please help.....

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Check "messages" folder...open and it should clear out.

HI Jbee,
    I tried that and ut still did not help.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I saw you "rebooted", was that a battery-pull for 30secs. or more? If not, pull you battery and try again.

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by tamer8 View Post
    I have a Blackberry 8800.
    Last night, my BB was ringing because someone was calling me. before I can answer my BB, just rebooted. When it rebooted, I went to see who called me and it did not show that anyone called, however in the notification area (the are where it display the signal strength and new mail and etc...) I have the missed call icon. How do I get rid of that icon? I made another missed call, and the icon changed from 1 missed calls to 2, I went and I called the 2nd missed called and the icon changed to 1 missed call. I also went and I cleared my missed phone call log and I cleared all my phone call logs. Still the icon is there. Please help.
    I had a similar problem on my 8130--check the icon carefully--is it a full square, or a trapezoid? Mine was a trapezoid and I had to go in under: Messages > Menu > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inboxes > "Changed from separate to combined"

Then the message appeared in my messages inbox as a vm (even though I had already deleted ALL my vm's) and I was then able to select and delete the message that would never go AWAY!

Then I returned to my Message Options and set them back to the previous setting and haven't had a problem yet.

Also, the Display New Message Indicator, and the Display Message Count--try switching those!

KEEP US POSTED!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64