Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any one know of a reputable place to get a miniusb port for my BB8800? ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Mini USB Port Broken

Advertisement

Any one know of a reputable place to get a miniusb port for my BB8800? I have checked the promobility and bbrepairshops, they do not have them listed. My ***** dog came running jumped up on the couch and got the usb cable tangled in his leg as I was backing my device up. But hey at least I was not in the middle of a restore, huh

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Mini USB Port Broken

What a drag! can't help you but good luck!

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not sure if they stock them but you can get most parts from www.cnn.cn

mac18 no está en línea Stack level 1

im looking for a replacement usb port for my pearl too. mine broke today and im going crazy. any luck finding a replacement???

MilitaryPawn no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I turn my pearl on I get the error Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException, and it wont go away so I can't do anything else. I know I need to hard reset the phone but my problem gets worse. My USB port is broken so I can't plug it into my computer and because I can't click anything I can't set up the bluetooth to do it that way. Is there any way to reset the phone using the microSD card, like some kind of self extracting reset file or something? I couldn't find anything on Google. Please help! I don't know what else to do!?

free2saute no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryPawn View Post
    When I turn my pearl on I get the error Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastException, and it wont go away so I can't do anything else. I know I need to hard reset the phone but my problem gets worse. My USB port is broken so I can't plug it into my computer and because I can't click anything I can't set up the bluetooth to do it that way. Is there any way to reset the phone using the microSD card, like some kind of self extracting reset file or something? I couldn't find anything on Google. Please help! I don't know what else to do!?
    you have posted this 3 times chill out some 1 will help soon

racton no está en línea Stack level 1
    My usb port is broken on my blackberry 8800. This is the second blackberry to break like this. The first one was under warranty so I got a free replacement. Now, I will have to buy another blackberry. I tried a local cell phone repair shop and they said they couldn't fix it. I've seen places on the internet that say they can fix it for $75 but I don't know if I can trust them!
    This will be my 3rd blackberry in one year!

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD
    http://www.bbrepairshop.com/repair_8800.html

$80.00 is cheaper than a new blackberry. They say they have a 24hr turn. You can FedEx overnight, you shouldn't be out more than $120 total. Still cheaper than a new bb without a plan.

tquach no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was able to replace the USB port on my 8800, took about 30 mins or so and cost $10 bucks for parts. If anyone is local I would be willing to help out.

celldepot no está en línea Stack level 1
    We do replace USb ports for all kinds of Blackberries. The charge is $65.00 including the shipping. Phone fixed and shipped out the same day that we reieve it. If interested please contact us.

Cellular Depot in Sherman Oaks, CA

notoriouskev04 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2afe3
    i had the same problem. i just bought a new battery and a desk charger and a wall battery charger and just kept the backup battery on me at all times. it worked for me but i never updated or synced my bb to my cpu anyway so i only used the port when i was charging it.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    This is why I do all my syncs, backups, and some restores via bluetooth... this happened on my old motorola...
    "Who Dares Wins"

cRazEYgUy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Man, they really should try and fix this USB port issue....

aces4me no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u View Post
    Any one know of a reputable place to get a miniusb port for my BB8800? I have checked the promobility and bbrepairshops, they do not have them listed. My ***** dog came running jumped up on the couch and got the usb cable tangled in his leg as I was backing my device up. But hey at least I was not in the middle of a restore, huh
    Fry's electronic has a do it yourself kit that cost around $29. This in was about 3 yrs old so, I'm not sure if they are still active part...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

aces4me no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by racton View Post
    My usb port is broken on my blackberry 8800. This is the second blackberry to break like this. The first one was under warranty so I got a free replacement. Now, I will have to buy another blackberry. I tried a local cell phone repair shop and they said they couldn't fix it. I've seen places on the internet that say they can fix it for $75 but I don't know if I can trust them!
    This will be my 3rd blackberry in one year!
    I would trust an online repair place on anything! Trust me had bad experience before..
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast