So last night I put in a 1GB SD card since my son decided he ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Question MicroSD Card locks up trackball

Advertisement

So last night I put in a 1GB SD card since my son decided he needed the 2GB card that came with my 8800 and after powering it back on, the trackball is frozen, I can click on it but it won't move around the screen. I double checked to make sure it was in correctly and it was.

Has anyone heard or seen this before? It's a ScanDisk card and I didn't have the chance to put in my 2GB card to try. My son's gone for the next week for a school activity so I won't be able to get the card from him to try it.

It works without the card. What was interesting is when I put the card in, it worked for about 10 minutes and then I did a battery pull after installing a new theme and then it quit working. I pulled the card out and it worked. So I did a hard reset and after putting the card back in, It locks up again.

So now it's configured out of the box with no third party apps on it and the card locks it up.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Re: MicroSD Card locks up trackball

you might want to try a diferent micro sd card.... seems like the card might be damaged somehow and is bogging down your bb. kinda like when you put a 4 gig card into a phone that will max out at two.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~might be the theme you dowmloaded. Try deleting it then do a battery pull. Do this first if it doesn't work replace the card

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I did a hard reset on the Blackberry and didnt load even google maps on it and it had the same problem. What I ended up doing is taking the card and formating it on my computer, then put the card in and enabled Mass Storage Support. The folders were created as soon as I plugged the BB into my computer and it's been working fine since. When I first got the card and put it in, I formated it on the BB so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com