Guys, I have a real elementary question here. I just got a 1GB memory card ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

edjoperry09 no está en línea Stack level 1

Memory Card Question

Advertisement

Guys, I have a real elementary question here. I just got a 1GB memory card and stuck it in the little slot in the back of my verizon 8830. What do I do from here? Does it need formatting? How can I move some data files such as word documents, pdf's, or alx's from my computer on to it? How do I view what is on my memory card from my BB device? I don't necessarily want tons of music/videos/etc on the card, but rather other types of files. Someone please fill me in here. Thanks

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Memory Card Question

You need to format it by going to Options > Media Card and format. Then you can save ringtones and videos and pics there. When you connect to your computer via USB, it will give you the option to connect as Mass Media Storage, then you can browse and manage files via your PC.

edjoperry09 no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay. It's formatted correctly. But what do I do from here? How can I move stuff from my PC to the card? And how do I access what I've moved from my BB? My BB shows up as an "E" drive when I connect it and I've dragged some files into it.. but how do I see those word files from my BB.. because I certainly cannot see them from my media manager? Thanks.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

When you go to the Media icon from your home screen, you can open the menu (blackberry button next to trackwheel) and click Explore, this will show you all the files. Not sure if you can open a Word document from there though. I know you can open JAD files to install programs, and of course, music, pics and video. For music, pics, ringtones and video, they all have their own directory that opens via the respective icon in Media.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can use mass storage mode to move files to the media card. The media card will show up as a removable drive on your PC.

The BB really only supports media files on the memory card. Some third party apps can store and retrieve data on it but the BB probably won't "see" non-media files.