So, I have an 8800, and lately, I've not been able to get the "Enable ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2

Mass Storage mysteriously not availabile from BB...

So, I have an 8800, and lately, I've not been able to get the "Enable Mass Storage" option to show from the menu when I go under Media Card in options. I've tried setting it to do this manually, prompt, or auto, saving that, retrying, nothing works.

I was wondering if my USB port is just broken, but desktop manager sees the BB just fine and it charges with no problems.

Also, I can read the SD card just fine from the blackberry or if I pull it out, my PC also sees it fine.

I've had my eye on a Bold for a while, but I don't really want to extend my contract to get one, and its still pretty expensive that way. Replies of "Get a new blackberry" will not be considered helpful (or even polite) in the slightest.

Any thoughts here? I'm on OS according to the About screen.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    Just Ask
    Have you tried copying all of your info from the data card onto your PC, then format your memory card and then place it back in the device. See if you can enable mass storage mode then. If that works, copy your stuff back over to the card and see if still works. If it doesn't, you've got a file on there it doesn't like.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Davidcm2112 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem on my 8220 once. Luckily the problem seemed to correct itself after I did a battery pull and shut down desk top manager and then connected everything again. It was odd because I would take the memory card out and put it back in the phone repeatedly and it would never acknowledge that a card had been inserted.

Good luck, I know it is frustrating.

~via BB (

thejoester no está en línea Stack level 1
    here use this file to activation the usb on the bb