I don't intend on paying Rogers ridiculous prices for data plans, but all I want ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

zakmorrisbrick no está en línea Stack level 1

Maps On BB

Advertisement

I don't intend on paying Rogers ridiculous prices for data plans, but all I want is a map on my blackberry. Is there a way I can install the maps on my BB? Even if it is just a map of the city I live in (Toronto) Any of you guys know how to do this? I read here on the forums that there were people who had successfully installed maps on their phone without data. Can someone guide me on this. Thanks

moorken no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Maps On BB

yea, i'm curious to know this one also, we have an unlimited dataplan in our company, but a lot of users go abroad, and if they turn on the GPS we're bankrupt LOL....

There are many people on the stacks that have successfully installed maps via usb...and have it on without data....Someone must know

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Doesn't make any difference if you can install or not, you have to have a data plan to use the map as only a small portion is loaded and it is constantly updating the map based upon your location. AFAIK, you cannot load map data on the memory card. At least you can't with BBMaps and GoogleMaps.

I wonder if there are any programs that allow you to install a single map of a city?.

What would be the point of installing maps on a bb without gps, when you can just access mapquest from your bb browser...doesnt make sense to me
    Last edited by zakmorrisbrick; 09-05-2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Your last statement doesn't make sense to me. I've found plenty of "point" in using Google Maps on my 8700c without GPS. Granted, Telenav on my 8800 is a lot more useful but still...