So, I've been on the phone with ATT and RIM trying to resolve this issue. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

absoultealex no está en línea Stack level 1

Major Network Issue - help?

Advertisement

So, I've been on the phone with ATT and RIM trying to resolve this issue. I can send emails but I can't receive, same with Pin to Pin, the phone won't accept the service books when sent from RIM, however my browser works. I keep getting tossed around between the two, with ATT saying it's RIM's problem and RIM saying it's ATT's problem. We've tried javaloader, re installing the OS. I need to get this problem resolved asap and it seems like nothing we've done has worked - do any of you guys have an idea of what it could be?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Major Network Issue - help?

Do you successfully "Register" on the network and do you see the arrows working back and forth after sending your service books?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Yep, I register on the network and also when I have the service books sent the arrows are moving both ways.

preuegl no está en línea Stack level 2

Just a shot in the dark here but could the users mailbox be full or the device memory be full? Something to check anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by preuegl
    Just a shot in the dark here but could the users mailbox be full or the device memory be full? Something to check anyway!
    Yeah checked it out, we wiped the memory and then tried to do a pin to pin and email - non of it worked.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)

Are you on a BES? They can block you from using pin messages

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

It didn't work at all? Couldn't you send but not receive?

Press ALT + lglg and clear the Event Log. Then go to Options, Firewall, reset the firewall, then do a battery pull and then when your phone restarts, attempt to send an email or PIN message.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if all else fails is there anyreason that att won't do a warrenty exchange. There maybe a way to fix it but if all else fails try that

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    It didn't work at all? Couldn't you send but not receive?

Press ALT + lglg and clear the Event Log. Then go to Options, Firewall, reset the firewall, then do a battery pull and then when your phone restarts, attempt to send an email or PIN message.
    I'm only on BIS, I just tried that no avail I sent an email to myself via 8820, the email shows up in my inbox, but not on the phone. So it seems like the phone has no problems sending out, just recieving.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

What kind of signal do you show? edge? or EDGE?
    Did ATT try deleting your data plan and then re-adding it?
    Making sure you have the provisioning service book and
    all the other data plan service books?
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl
    What kind of signal do you show? edge? or EDGE?
    Did ATT try deleting your data plan and then re-adding it?
    Making sure you have the provisioning service book and
    all the other data plan service books?
    Yep ATT deleted my data plan and readded it, it shows -76 dbm signal. No provisioning service book; I have a bunch of media mall junk. BBFSI [BBIMConfig], myemail@myemail [CMIME], myemail@myemail [CICAL], wifi stuff wap push config, wap2 transport, mms client, wap2 browser, and telenav.

Quote Originally Posted by absoultealex
    Yep ATT deleted my data plan and readded it, it shows -76 dbm signal. No provisioning service book; I have a bunch of media mall junk. BBFSI [BBIMConfig], myemail@myemail [CMIME], myemail@myemail [CICAL], wifi stuff wap push config, wap2 transport, mms client, wap2 browser, and telenav.
    Any other ideas?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by absoultealex
    Any other ideas?
    Yeah this is the only thing i can think of. Assuming of course ( i do not think it was mentioned yet) that you can recieve calls just fine. Call ATT and have them manually release your PIN from thier network. Then have them manually add it and the imei of the phone back in. You are going to need to talk slow and ask them specifically to release and readd your PIN on thier side not on RIM's ( which will subsiquently update on thier side). once done have them send the service books both from rims side and thier side. Then register on the HRT and then pull the battery. I am aware that you tried some of this already but do it in this order. once it is back up check and make sure that you can access the internet still and then test PIN2PIN. Then assuming both work try the email. Good luck.

P.S. Rim is correct in stating that the issue is on ATT side. If you cannot pin2pin the issue is definately on the carriers side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    Yeah this is the only thing i can think of. Assuming of course ( i do not think it was mentioned yet) that you can recieve calls just fine. Call ATT and have them manually release your PIN from thier network. Then have them manually add it and the imei of the phone back in. You are going to need to talk slow and ask them specifically to release and readd your PIN on thier side not on RIM's ( which will subsiquently update on thier side). once done have them send the service books both from rims side and thier side. Then register on the HRT and then pull the battery. I am aware that you tried some of this already but do it in this order. once it is back up check and make sure that you can access the internet still and then test PIN2PIN. Then assuming both work try the email. Good luck.

P.S. Rim is correct in stating that the issue is on ATT side. If you cannot pin2pin the issue is definately on the carriers side of things.
    Hmm, okay I'll give that a try tommorow. The phone started deleting service books randomly today - I no longer have access to the EDGE browser, nor do I have the option to even use it.