I have an 8830 (VZW) and it's just about perfect for my needs. I say ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

Low ringer volume

Advertisement

I have an 8830 (VZW) and it's just about perfect for my needs.

I say 'Just about' because I'm having one issue with it. I can't adjust the ringtone volume.

I've changed profiles to 'Loud' and it still seems very low IMO. I had 2 different Curve's (One AT&T one TMo) prior to this phone and didn't have this issue with them. I kept the profile on 'Normal' and it was perfectly adequate.

If I try to boost the volume when the phone rings it turns the volume off altogether and it just vibrates.

I've tried testing the ringtones I'm using (Custom as well as pre installed) to see if there was a problem with the tones themselves and they all play perfectly fine in the media player. No problems at all.

Any thoughts or ideas how to fix this? I'm missing calls constantly, expecially if I'm in an even slightly noisy environment.

I've searched and read the threads about the low volume issue with the phone. I guess what I'm wondering is if anyone has found a solution? An add on, maybe certain ringers that work better, or setings to use for the custom ringers to make them louder?
    Last edited by Murfunit; 12-21-2007 at 08:52 PM.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Low ringer volume

This may be a dumb question, but did you go to Profiles > Advanced > Normal > Phone and set the volume on high? From there you can set the volume for both in and out of holster. I think the default is low so you may want to change that to high for both.

Hurtem no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but did you go to Profiles > Advanced > Normal > Phone and set the volume on high? From there you can set the volume for both in and out of holster. I think the default is low so you may want to change that to high for both.
    This won't help any...

The problem is with the phone, they said with the latest os that it would fix the issue but it didn't. We're all waiting for the release of 4.3 for the device, hopefully it fixes this. You can adjust gain, equalization in programs such as audacity, but you won't get that clear sound that the media player plays. It's my only gripe with the 8830

eddie8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317eec66

Hurtem, I have the same complaint.I even did an update for the 4.2 software.Still no good. Hopefully they will fix this as I have 25 days or I trade my phone in for another one.

PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

Quote Originally Posted by eddie8 View Post
    Hurtem, I have the same complaint.I even did an update for the 4.2 software.Still no good. Hopefully they will fix this as I have 25 days or I trade my phone in for another one.
    I feel your pain, I got the 8830 for free so I can't complain or return it lol. I just wish they would fix this!

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

I downloaded nextel ringers. They are very loud (relatively) and actual tone ringers. Music just blends into the background for me. I can't tell you where I found them other than Pinstack but I'm sure someone can provide the link

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jennzy no está en línea Stack level 2

i'm having that problem as well.
    i'm actually fairly new to bb world. though i heard if you use mp3 as your ringtone it does get louder

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

Mp3s are a bit louder and going to the advanced options to set the volume from normal to high helps but its just the OS that is on the phone when 4.3 comes out it will be much better my girls phone (new) 8130 has 4.3 and the ringers are more than loud enough so pretty much just gotta play the waiting game

PIN/ID
    317fdbc8

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    Mp3s are a bit louder and going to the advanced options to set the volume from normal to high helps but its just the OS that is on the phone when 4.3 comes out it will be much better my girls phone (new) 8130 has 4.3 and the ringers are more than loud enough so pretty much just gotta play the waiting game
    Im crossing my fingers, hopefully we don't get shafted!