On my AT&T 8820, I was trying to sync up the calendar the other day ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Soonere39 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost the web browser icon on desktop. Where can I download...

Advertisement

On my AT&T 8820, I was trying to sync up the calendar the other day and it deleted the browser for use with EDGE. THere were two 'Globe' icons side by side on the desktop and now there is only one. When I try to go online, it always gives me an error message that it can only be done with Wifi.
    can anyone tell me where I can download the orignal browser for EDGE that it came with? I have access to Wifi right now so if I just know the website I should be fine.

Thanks in advance

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Lost the web browser icon on desktop. Where can I download...

Quote Originally Posted by Soonere39
    On my AT&T 8820, I was trying to sync up the calendar the other day and it deleted the browser for use with EDGE. THere were two 'Globe' icons side by side on the desktop and now there is only one. When I try to go online, it always gives me an error message that it can only be done with Wifi.
    can anyone tell me where I can download the orignal browser for EDGE that it came with? I have access to Wifi right now so if I just know the website I should be fine.

Thanks in advance
    You would be missing the service books and they will not be downloaded , at least not the normal way. Go into options,, advanced options, host routing table, menu, register now. once you get the message in the inbox pull the battery and when it comes up you should have the browser after a couple mins.

jessjessbobess no está en línea Stack level 2

I just helped a guy with this in my store and what I had to do was go into the Host Routing Table under advanced options and highlight the bold entry, press the menu button, and select "register now". and THEN i had to have the service books re-sent. Then I did a battery pull and it was back after a few minutes.

Granted that was with a t-mobile pearl, no wi-fi browser but it's a similar problem. So if you haven't fixed it yet maybe this will help...i hope

jessjessbobess no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    You would be missing the service books and they will not be downloaded , at least not the normal way. Go into options,, advanced options, host routing table, menu, register now. once you get the message in the inbox pull the battery and when it comes up you should have the browser after a couple mins.
    Oh whoops I just realized you said the same thing. Sorry to repeat info! Good luck!

Soonere39 no está en línea Stack level 1

Worked like a charm!
    Thank you both.

Someday I hope to be able to contibute here more than leach from it.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Soonere39
    Worked like a charm!
    Thank you both.

Someday I hope to be able to contibute here more than leach from it.
    Glad you are good again and ....... yeah you will be helping others in no time. We all learn together here at the Stacks.

cdelauz no está en línea Stack level 2

Wow Thanks for the Help, it worked out for me....