How do I reset the 1 key to be my voicemail? I press and hold ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pdqgp no está en línea Stack level 2

Lost my Voicemail Shortcut...help...

Advertisement

How do I reset the 1 key to be my voicemail? I press and hold it but it just says "invalid phone number"

I can call my voice mail through my recent calls list, but how do I reassign it to key #1?

panpan1975 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Lost my Voicemail Shortcut...help...

Go into the phone- depress scroll wheel and then select Options. Scroll down to the Voice Mail menu option and select. Change the access number to what you dial from your recent call list and that should correct it. Hopefully this helps.

I Found it....basically I erased the speed dial associated with the "W" on my list. Once I replaced that with the number it was fine.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by panpan1975
    Go into the phone- depress scroll wheel and then select Options. Scroll down to the Voice Mail menu option and select. Change the access number to what you dial from your recent call list and that should correct it. Hopefully this helps.
    Last edited by pdqgp; 03-19-2007 at 06:39 PM.

gamorrisiii no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    314F1ac1

I spent hours on the phone with tech support with the same problem Eventually I ended up doing a backup of my device. Wiped the blackberry in the security options then did a restore. Cingular support couldn't figure it out.

Yeah, unfortunately there are some fairly hidden or not as intuitive items like this. Hope it helps someone else before finding it out too late.

Quote Originally Posted by gamorrisiii
    I spent hours on the phone with tech support with the same problem Eventually I ended up doing a backup of my device. Wiped the blackberry in the security options then did a restore. Cingular support couldn't figure it out.

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19

I had the same problem with my 8703e. The solution was to delete any entry that existed for the #1, even if it appeared to be empty already. Then turn the phone off and remove the battery. Wait 30 seconds. Put battery back in. Now it works.

wendell no está en línea Stack level 1

removing battery and restarting worked on my Pearl 8100 as well. Thank you

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes I had the same issue after I upgraded to .107 on TMO. I tried the hard reset, nothing. What I did do that worked was go to Phone/Menu Button/View Speed Dial List/added "1805MESSAGE" as #1 (there was nothing there). And now, magic! Pressing and holding the 1 gets back into my voice mail...

It won't show calls to "voice mail" anymore in the call log but it does show that i called "1805MESSAGE" so that works for me.