I was trying to retrieve a few messages I had back in the beginning of ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tonezone no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost a chunk of mail and SMS messages

Advertisement

I was trying to retrieve a few messages I had back in the beginning of January and I scrolled down and for some god awful reason, I have a chunk of missing days. The last full day was January 14. It some how deleted everything I had between December 28- January 14. Under settings, I had it set for keep messages forever. What happened?? Prior to December 28, it just randomly skip days and in those days, there are only a few messages. What happened??

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Re: Lost a chunk of mail and SMS messages

Were these emails sent to your blackberry.net address? What about your call logs? I have experienced something similar and from what I read on pinstack it has to do with the amount of internal memory you have available. Apparently your berry will delete items like this to free up some memory.

Hit ALT+CAPS+H to see amount of free memory you have available. Remove any apps you don't use or images, files you may be saving that you really don't need.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

tonezone no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Lost a chunk of mail and SMS messages

I hit the alt+caps+h and the memory read as follows:

File Free: 15928380
    File Total: 63438848

I think I have sufficient memory. Help!