Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow I have had the same problem and even switched 8830s. It does ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Losing EVDO connection

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow I have had the same problem and even switched 8830s. It does happen as much but using Movidty definitely kicks me off the EVDO network.good to see this being discussed.

kamelwithak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E127A8

Hahahahah I was reading this post on my bb 8830 on sprint and what do u know I lost data it seems to happen a lot for me going to try some of the tips ill keep u guys posted~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DJHess no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem here.
    Just go to: manage connections>turn all connections off then restore connections.

This is easier than doing a battery pull or reset.

takes less than 10 seconds.
    DJ

SlackerBoy no está en línea Stack level 1

Guys - do any of you have IMPlus loaded that are having this problem? I tried 3 devices (1 Pearl and 2 8830s) and downgraded to .148 on last 8830, no help. I removed IMPlus and it seems to be stable. I installed the JiveTalk trial instead and so far so good.

jsntrenkler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C5835C

I have a Canadian made 8830 and have no Troubles.

vinman123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just bought mine a week ago. I picked up an 8830 world edition ! Having same problem on Verizon with latest software. It has Jivetalk and mini opera installed.I don't use mini opera because of to many freezes and such "BB should upgrade there browser". BB browser with java and CSS enabled causes all kinds of freezes and hour glass to keep searching "probably trying to run script". So far battery life is good and I have to do a battery pull for loss of connection maybe every 3 days "so far". I'll try some other quicker ideas posted here ! Hopefully someone comes up with a fix for all issues. I am new to BB and on a 30 day trial. Not sure if I am going to stay with 8830 !

andrew8830 no está en línea Stack level 1

Interesting thread. I wonder if this relates to my Gmail mobile application freezing up twice over the past day, and in addition, the Gmail mobile software complaining about loss of network connection (occasionally, though appears to be unrelated to freezing).

peoples_flip no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm with Bell Mobility here in Toronto Canada and I too am experiencing a drop from 1XEV to 1x service but I noticed that if I connect to the (BB) "Browser" it will re-establish the 1XEV connection and I'm good to go. I have since read this entire thread and have removed/uninstalled Opera Mini 4 to see if that will help.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

This happens to me even with a clean device. Mine will not reestablish it's link to the EVDO network. The weird thing is that I've noticed my phone is operating on CDMA Channel 350 while my other Blackberry 8830 is operating on Channel 375 and doesn't experience the network drops near as frequently. I'm wondering if there is some kind of correlation between these. I accessed this information by dialing #4357* and hitting dial. Anyone else with this issue operating on a different CMDA channel?

N1tr0u543 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c87f57

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you're sitting idle and you out of nowhere just pop out of 1XEV then turn the radio off via the desktop and turn it back on. It got me quite furious.

Spidinator no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey everyone,

I am with Telus in B.C. and I have been losing my EVDO connection at least once a day and during that time I cant do anything. Cant send messages, email, only make or receive calls. Anyone else in B.C. having this problem and if so is it the phone or network problem and has anyone gotten a new phone and this solved the problem. I am only two weeks in so I figure if its the phone then I should go and get a new one before my thirty days is up!!

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Spidinator View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am with Telus in B.C. and I have been losing my EVDO connection at least once a day and during that time I cant do anything. Cant send messages, email, only make or receive calls. Anyone else in B.C. having this problem and if so is it the phone or network problem and has anyone gotten a new phone and this solved the problem. I am only two weeks in so I figure if its the phone then I should go and get a new one before my thirty days is up!!
    Well, it rarely happens to me at home in Long Island NY (read 'once in a while it does happen'), but I travel extensively all over the country and there are places where it happens almost as soon as I connect with the browser, other places I can go the whole trip and not see this problem, or not see it for a few days and then 'plop' EVDO gone.
    Folks have been reporting this across the board regardless of carrier or device, mostly newer models (I never had it happen to me with my ol'8703e). Some have said they don't see this problem or claim that a replacement device has fixed it ;I wonder how many would come back and report or just go to another brand if it crops up eventually for them, but I also know RIM would not be doing so good if ALL units were acting up like this. Stacker tavella is on his 4th or 5th and has seen it in every single one with no fix.
    It's hard to tell from just a few reports here if it's hardware related, OS related or network related (carrier or RIM or region), also if it's exacerbated by 3rd party programs that communicate with a server or what; the general "feeling" is that we shall wait for a new OS.
    The 8830 is a very capable device, and is otherwise very stable, for me the connection manager- off then on does the trick.

Try getting the unit replaced within your warranty because you have the option, but if it keeps happening then of course the decision is up to you. I have to say that it is annoying enough even once in a while.
    Last edited by huracan; 02-13-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234