Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm glad it's worked for you. I received my replacement this evening and called the ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Losing EVDO connection

Advertisement

I'm glad it's worked for you. I received my replacement this evening and called the technician after four attempts and finally got him. Put in the battery, waited for the boot up, and what appears on my screen? "JVM error 102"...... i was able to fix this by using the application loader and deleting the software and reinstalling. One would think this would have been checked prior to the phone being delivered to me, but that might be asking for too much. Within five minutes of using the maps and browser software, my connection dropped off again after having four bars on the signal. I was outside my home to make sure that I was receiving the best signal possible. I installed the Verizon 4.2.2.148 software on the phone and like before, it appears to be working, but we will see. I was told to call him back tomorrow as he already stayed over an hour to try and get my phone up and going. He is at a loss as so am I. The tech said something about having someone come and see exactly what is happening. Three different 8830's, same problem. I think it's a Sprint network issue at this point.

10/11/07 - Update
    Spoke with the tech support person. He is more confused now since I can maintain a data connection while the phone is teathered to the PC but if I use any of the applications on the phone which use data, I still loose a connection. Installing the 4.2.2.148 from Verizon makes no difference. I was told that he is going to research the issue further and call me back. Wait and see..... wait and see....
    Last edited by tavella81; 10-11-2007 at 02:33 PM.

I have obtained additional information in regards to my internet connection dropping on my 8830. If anyone with any technical knowledge of the Blackberry event logs could provide some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. Screenshots from the Blackberry are also attached. You will see that I have neither a 1x, 1X, 1xev, or 1XEV on the shots that display the home page. Sprint's BB Support has been trying, but this is the third phone now thats does the same thing no matter where I am. It happens in Tampa, Lakeland, and Orlando FL, GA, NC, SC, you name it, this happens.

I neglected to say that this is a fresh install. Used JL_Loader to wipe the device and then reinstalled the Sprint 8830 OS 4.2.2.123 (3.0.0.64). I did a ##786 earlier and did this as a last ditch effort to try to make my phone work!

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

crossilcm no está en línea Stack level 2

I get this a lot too when using my browser. I don't do a battery pull though. Just turn off wireless and then back on again. Way faster.

I want to share some information. I just came back to Sprint and got the 8830 again hoping that my signal flux/EVDO drop would be resolved, but it wasn't. Within two minutes of having the phone active with the rep on the line, it dropped my connection. JustaJason posted a link to the latest 8830 software from Telus http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._110507_a.html and it appears to have solved my problem! I thought I would pass this on to anyone who might be experiencing a problem with this.

jwarnoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305753FF

I have the Verizon 8830. On the weekend, usually around midnight, it started dropping to 1X or 1x. I fixed it then by turning the phone on and off, which restored IXEV.

On Monday, the Verizon tech had me dial *228 and use option 1 to program the phone, as opposed to the Blackberry software. So far it's worked, though I have no idea why.

glhsracer no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sprint appears to have posted the same software on their website http://www.sprint.com/download. I have not tried it yet as I am having luck with the Telus release.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I was told by the rep, when I got my vzw 8830 this summer that by the end of the year it would be REV A on the phone. Has anyone heard this or was I being played the fool.

I call BS on REV.A. Sprint can't even get it to work on the Mogul (among many other things), plus the radio doesn't support it. The chipset is Rev.0.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

That pisses me off cause I had an vzw aircard that was REV A that I took back because they said the vzw 8830 would be REV A by the end of this year!

Anyone having a problem with the EVDO dropping, download the following Verizon build:

http://download.vzwshop.com/vzw/blac...A4.2.2.176.exe

I believe the Platform Version 3.0.0.79 has resolved the issue. The software is the same as what comes in the Sprint package except for the PL which is 3.0.0.76. Let me know your mileage. The latest Sprint release helped eliminate some of the drops, but this appears to have corrected the issue for me.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~are there any updates on the verizon OS are you still getting the drop in data

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~are there any updates on the verizon OS are you still getting the drop in data
    I finally got it to drop the data this morning.... Oh well. The phone does appear to hold the data alot longer than with the older Sprint software. Possibly some provider will fix this issue eventually.....
    Last edited by tavella81; 11-21-2007 at 08:53 AM.

Tech support level 2 closed my ticket and told me to replace the phone again. While in the store, I tried to add my email accounts back in using the Email Settings Wizard and poof, "You are in an area that does not support data....." It seems like every replacement I get is older hardware. My ESN and PIN are always of a lower sequence. I told the guy this, but he was like "I just swapped the phone, I can't go picking a choosing one for you". Quality service... So I called data support and had them open yet another ticket. I'm tired of swapping phones, so I will call them regarding my ticket until I have a resolve. I don't normally take a lunch at work, so it gives me an hour each day to kill. I will have a working phone, that's all there is to it.

So I believe the EVDO drop is a problem with the Blackberry OS. If the network indicator disappears, other programs such as MIDPSSH, Sprint Navigation, Telenav, and Opera Mini still work. I believe that the BB Browser and Maps program looks for the WLAN indicator and if it is not present, then it gives the message about no network coverage. I am also concerned about the fact that the SB helper cannot locate a certain .gz file. In the event log I posted above, there are references to the following:

severity:3 app:System data:PME12: Failed to load: x-object:/WLANSignalLevel?align=left&width=32&height=15&yOfs =0&xOfs=0
    severity:4 type:2 app:net.rim.browser data:SBHelper___INFO:injectServiceBooks()HOMENPC=1 059648
    severity:2 type:2 app:net.rim.browser data:SBHelper___ERROR:injectServiceBooks()1059648. sbr.gz not found
    severity:0 type:2 app:net.rim.browser datasta
    severity:0 type:2 app:UI data:GS+Q2 6452213net.rim.device.api.ui.component.Dialog
    severity:3 type:2 app:System data:PME12: Failed to load: x-object:/WLANSignalLevel?align=left&width=32&height=15&yOfs =0&xOfs=0
    severity:3 type:2 app:System data:PME12: Failed to load: x-object:/WLANSignalLevel?align=left&width=32&height=15&yOfs =0&xOfs=0

I've heard of people also experiencing this problem with the 4.3 OS on the 8130's. For some reason, the signal drops when data is accessed through the regular BB TCP/IP stack which I don't notice while using third party software such as MIDPSSH and Opera Mini which request access to a low level network connection. I plan on calling Sprint on Monday and request that they transfer me to RIM as $50 is not an acceptable option for resolving this matter.

I decided to take the time to investigate this issue further as I was out of state due to a death in the family, left my phone at home, and started receiving calls from a level 2 tech support rep who left me a voicemail that he had closed out my ticket because I couldn't be reached for two days. Needless to say, I didn't find this acceptable at all. If anyone else is experiencing this problem on an operator other than Sprint, do me a favor and from the home screen hold down ALT and then press L, G, L, G in that order and see if you have the same type of error messages in your log. I'm curious to know if this is isolated to Sprint or if the other PinStack members on other providers see the same errors. I'd like to have this problem resolved, even if it means that the nice people at RIM or Sprint have to do a little bit of programming to correct the problem. I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from this. I know I HATE rebooting, turning the network on and off, and pulling the battery at least once a day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast