Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This topic is very interesting to me because I have used the Verizon 8830 for ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Losing EVDO connection

Advertisement

This topic is very interesting to me because I have used the Verizon 8830 for 3 weeks and had what I thought was a smilar problem and had the phone swapped and the new 8830 did the same thing. For some reason it would lose the 1X and then would not be able to use data or text messages. And the signal bar would show 5 bars and then disappear and reappear all day long. I have now had a sprint 8830 for 1 week and 3 days and have noticed that there are times when I cannot use data or text even though I have 3 or 4 bars but no 1XEV. If I go to connection management on the desktop and turn off wireless and then back on it fixes itself. Whats up?

crisvm77 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same problem here..very annoying. My 8830 from sprint looses its data connection often, it happens a lot while I'm browing a page. I really hope they fix this with an OS update, because this is my second 8830 with the same crap. My 8703 worked better

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had this same problem with 8830. People tell me they call me all the time and does my phone bother to ring nope. I lose my data connection over and over again all day long. Or ill have full bars and cant make a cal or the call with drop and that horrible call failed alert comes on. I almost think its just so you will buy the broadband connect access, for another 15 dollars a month, that it does this. I mean if they will do this to other programs and phones so you have to pay to use a service why not this too.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't know if my voice stuff works during this or not, because I can't seem to give up my Razr for voice. However, yesterday I didn't lose connection at all!! YAY! I'm hoping maybe it was something on my carrier's end that they fixed, but probably no such luck.
    Lovellbird

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I am having similar problems with a 7250 at work on Verizon. So far we have 1 replacement device from them and it still does not work. They are sending 1 more for us to setup and try but, it looks like there is a problem on there network. What is the coincidence that 2 devices are not working and 1 is a new 1 from them. We also had to setup the BB on a new account too. I have went rounds with Verizon about it but maybe after a 2nd replacement device if it don't work then they might say they have a problem.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just received a replacement 8830 from Sprint due to this very issue and within forty-eight hours, the problem has returned. I have spent a LOT of time on the phone with Sprint resetting, removing the battery, #786'ing the phone, reloading the operating system, provisioning, etc. I really REALLY like this phone and do not want to swap it out for another alternative (mogul.....) Has anyone found an actual resolution to this issue? Sprint seems to think that there is nothing wrong with the device.... Just the same reprogramming steps over and over....

mauriceking982 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3019B0a2

Dont feel bad, the same issue is happening with Bell as well. I had an 8703 before that and had a GSM 8700 and pearl never had these problems. As soon as I migrated to the 8830 from Bell I ended up with the same issues claimed above:

- you think you have signal but when someone tries and calls you, goes right into voicemail
    - you try and send a text message and it stays in pending till it times out
    - you try and send an email or pin and it just stays in pending

- the only two ways I have found to fix it is remove the battery and put it back in, or turn wireless off and on (this does not work all the time). Once you do the above mentioned you end up with a landslide of messages

Thank you for your response. Can anyone tell me if this is happening on Verizon? My friend has the 8830 and his software version is 4.2.2.148 while mine is 4.2.2.123 (the latest from Sprint). Could this potentially be a software issue or hardware? What is the lastest handheld software version from Bell?

I neglected to mention that 4.2.2.148 was from Verizon.

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

I have the same problem. Actually I am on hold with tech support with Vzw cause these idiots cant seem to get my 8703e working. I always lose EVDO connection, but I would settle for shitty connection if my e mail would just come through for christs sake.

Well I went ahead and downloaded the handheld software from Verizon (4.2.2.148) and put it on my Sprint 8830 and so far so good! Deleted the vendor.xml and the install went fine. I'll post my results after a couple of days.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

im having the same problem and im starting to wonder if there is a serious problems with the 8830 OS i never had problems with my 7130e now i get the loss of service issue and the BIGGEST problem of all loss of memory both are solved with removing the battery but i thiught blackberry were know for stability if i was new to the camp i would think other wise

Just when I thought all was going well with 4.2.2.148, the network dropped out again this morning. My ticket with Sprint is still open since 9/27 (36 working hours my ...) I'm really starting to get upset now. I did not buy a Moto Razr v3m, I paid $549.99 for a Blackberry!!! I'll just keep calling Sprint every day until I either have a resolve or finally breakdown and have them swap this 8830 for the Mogul.....
    Last edited by tavella81; 10-08-2007 at 08:56 AM.

Sprint is sending another 8830 after a tech called me in regards to my support ticket.

yikes no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tavella81
    Sprint is sending another 8830 after a tech called me in regards to my support ticket.
    A replacement 8830 from Sprint appears to have fixed my problems.... (knock on wood)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast