I like to close the flap on my case when I leave my bb on ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mpenny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20EDA0B1

Lose history when holstered

Advertisement

I like to close the flap on my case when I leave my bb on my desk to discourage nosies. When I open it back up, it opens to my home page, not the last page I was on. Also, my history is wiped. Any solutions to keeping my history intact? I do have mem cleaner turned on, but told it not to clean when idle. Help!

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad

Re: Lose history when holstered

What model do you have. What software version are you running? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey I have the same thing happening to my BB once i changed the security settings to strongest anytime it locks back up it erases my browser history or the page I was viewing.
    and resets to the home screen.

PIN/ID
    20EDA0B1

I have a t-mob 8800, running os 4.2. I got the history thing figured out (the setting was wrong after all) but the browser still defaults to the home page instead of the last page loaded.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

I'm on AT&T and on a corporate BES, and this is what I've found about the BlackBerry Browser.

First, I have three Browsers - BlackBerry Browser, Internet Browser, and MediaNet. They all appear to be the same program, but with different settings (by default), and different routing.

My BlackBerry Browser routes through my company's network. I know this because if I attempt to go to a web page that the company has blocked, I get the same blocked site message that I would get if I were browsing on my computer at the office. This browser is set as the default MDS browser by default (Options --> Advanced Options --> Browser).

My MediaNet Browser routes through the AT&T Network. I know this because if I try to go to www.yahoo.com on it, I get a MediaNet page rather than the standard Yahoo home page I get with either my BlackBerry or Internet browser. This browser's home page is locked to AT&T's home page (http://home) which further proves that it's routing through AT&T's network as this could only be resolved by "local" DNS and is not a legal Internet DNS name. Also, I can't set how the browser starts up as I can with both the BlackBerry and Internet browsers (which can be set to start with either Bookmarks, the home page you set, or the last page loaded). This browser is set by default as the default WAP browser (Options --> Advanced Options --> Browser).

My Internet Browser connects directly to the Internet - I get the real Yahoo home page if I go to www.yahoo.com, and I can access web sites blocked by my company. I have this set as my default Browser (Options --> Advanced Options --> Browser) but it was originally set to MediaNet.

I rarely use either my BlackBerry Browser or my MediaNet Browser, and have my default Browser set to Internet Browser (Options --> Advanced Options --> Browser).

So back to mpenny's original post, try changing your default browser. Perhaps t-Mobile is doing something similar with your WAP browser. Try changing your default browser to Internet Browser.

Also, under Options --> Security Options --> General Options, check the setting for Lock Handheld Upon Holstering. If it's set to Yes, change it to No. You can always lock the device by using [Alt][Enter] at the home screen, and if you have Dial From Home Screen set to No in the Phone Options --> General Options, you can also lock the device with the shortcut key K.
    Last edited by jdellasala; 11-06-2007 at 05:39 AM.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    20EDA0B1

Jdellasala, my browser is set to internet browser, but I did have the phone set to lock upon holstering. Once I set it to no as you suggested, the browser stays at my last page. That is great! When I do eventually lock it, will it default to my home page (google)? Even though I asked it to default to last page?

Another question. Can I use the shortcut keys I used for dialing from my homepage when I'm in the phone app?