Hey, I'm a noob here but have searched and couldn't find anything... one of our ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bobbobadobob no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Letter "D" has fallen out...

Advertisement

Hey,

I'm a noob here but have searched and couldn't find anything...

one of our users has brought us a 8800 looking a bit sorry for itself without a trackball or a "key" we're comfortable with the trackball issue and have ordered ourselves a spare but it's the missing "D" key we don't know what to do with...

can you get spares/if you can is it possible to fit them yourself?

if a pic would help or anything please ask...

Rob

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    you can order parts from this site.... it has a good video on how to open your BB

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-curve-...ng-p-2503.html
    Last edited by ice44; 08-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

bobbobadobob no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Thanks for that - looking at that we've got to replace the whole keyboard but for 10 dollars I think we can cope with that....

thankyou!

(obviously if anyone else has any tips etc (or a uk site they recomend for parts) I will happily absord all the info!

Rob

jtbradley no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, Bob. Did you only have to buy the keyboard? Or did taking the assembly apart mean you should really buy the whole casing?

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    you can order parts from this site.... it has a good video on how to open your BB

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-curve-...ng-p-2503.html
    I have a question about the parts from this site. I see it says OEM but are they really? I've bought replacement covers before that said OEM, but they were a lot lower quality than the original. I guess my question is are these "BlackBerry" parts or are they "OEM fit" parts? Because I really want the full red housing for my 8830. LOL.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    I highly doubt the parts come from RIM. As the site's based in China, fairly safe to say that they've disassembled the true BB parts and managed to clone them.

Still, things like cloned plastics should be safe to use... mechanical things like keyboards might be a little different.

aingaran no está en línea Stack level 2
    I ordered a keyboard from cnn.cn for my 8800 and the white letters (paint) started peeling off after couple of weeks, other that it worked just fine.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ahh... not for me then. I can get cheap fake parts at the mall kiosk... LOL

BBCakes no está en línea Stack level 1
    My alt key fell out a while back. Luckily I found it, and was able to put it back in with a bead of krazy glue gel applied to the key with the tip of a toothpick. It might not have been the best or wisest way to go, but it seems to have worked. It sounds like you don't have the key at all, but in case you do, just wanted to tell you what worked for me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~