What's the largest Micro SD flash memory that is supported by the 8820, latest version ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

blue_berries no está en línea Stack level 1

Question largest supported memory on 8820?

Advertisement

What's the largest Micro SD flash memory that is supported by the 8820, latest version OS? 8gb?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    A Micro SD Card must be 15mm × 11mm × 0.7mm or it won't fit in the slot!

Or did you mean what's the most memory supported? Well THAT depends on the OS Version. Here's the info from KB05461:
    • OS 4.2.0 - Up to 2GB
    • OS 4.2.1 - Up to 4GB
    • OS 4.2.2 - Up to 4GB
    • OS 4.3.0 - Up to 8GB
    JerryD

blue_berries no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    A Micro SD Card must be 15mm × 11mm × 0.7mm or it won't fit in the slot!

Or did you mean what's the most memory supported? Well THAT depends on the OS Version. Here's the info from KB05461:
    • OS 4.2.0 - Up to 2GB
    • OS 4.2.1 - Up to 4GB
    • OS 4.2.2 - Up to 4GB
    • OS 4.3.0 - Up to 8GB
    Fine, I'll just cut a few mm off this oversized one, and it will be compatible

So this is a OS 4.3 issue, interesting, guess I'm one person awaiting its release...

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_berries View Post
    Fine, I'll just cut a few mm off this oversized one, and it will be compatible

So this is a OS 4.3 issue, interesting, guess I'm one person awaiting its release...
    I'll bring the beer, its going to be a long wait.

gpuckett no está en línea Stack level 1

8GB card in 8820

I have a 8820 with a 4.2.2 OS. I put in a 8GB card and it read the whole card. I then pressed format to clear the card and it formatted it to 4GB. Is there anyway to reformat this to 8GB?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gpuckett View Post
    I have a 8820 with a 4.2.2 OS. I put in a 8GB card and it read the whole card. I then pressed format to clear the card and it formatted it to 4GB. Is there anyway to reformat this to 8GB?
    As noted above, only 4.3 OS (and higher) support 8GB. Good news is that OS 4.5 should be out for the 8820 before the end of the month.

You can try formatting it as Fat32 and then creating the standard directory structure. You'd be better off putting the SD card into a reader for this, although you should be able to do it in Mass Storage Mode too. This assumes the SD card mounts as the X: drive. On your computer click on Start --> Run, type CMD and click [OK] on your computer, then type the following commands in the resulting command prompt window:
    • FORMAT X: /FS:FAT32 /Q /X
    • MD X:\BlackBerry
    • MD X:\BlackBerry\music
    • MD X:\BlackBerry\pictures
    • MD X:\BlackBerry\ringtones
    • MD X:\BlackBerry\videos

If your SD card mounts as a different drive like O: replace all X: above with O:

NOTE: I do NOT know if this will work, but if it doesn't, just reformat the card in your BlackBerry, and you won't be any worse off than you are now.
    JerryD