I have seen tons of threads out there regarding removing the languages from the other ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

bennett66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Languages Removal For 8820

Advertisement

I have seen tons of threads out there regarding removing the languages from the other models but not for this one and all the other suggestions don't seem to work. Here is where I am at currently:

1. Languages do not show up on application list under advanced options
    2. Languages do not show up on desktop manager
    3. The box to list applications also installed on the device on desktop manager is grayed out. And the only thing listed are third party programs I have added.
    4. I can access the language control panel and see there are many on there so I know that they are there but I cannot find a way to get rid of them and other useless items that are taking up space (i.e. PTT, All of the Shop Tones, Shop Games etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

bennett66 no está en línea Stack level 1
    anyone??

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    1. Languages will not show up on Application list.
    2. Languages will not show up on Desktop Manager.
    3. That is as it should be. You'd need to install the OS you have (on your computer) before they will become available.
    4. The items you list (PTT, Shop Tones, Shop Games) are not necessarily possible to remove. All (except PTT) are Service Books pushed down by your provider (AT&T is a SLUT like that). I'm not aware of any list of what Service Books can be safely removed to get rid of those icons, so if a search of the forums doesn't yield any more help, just hide them - they're not taking up any significant space anyway!
    To get rid fo PTT you'll need to install JL_Cmder, and then use Javaloader.exe to list all the modules on the device, and find the one with PTT in the name and delete it. The file will be named something like net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod. From a command line, you'd type the following:
    JavaLoader.exe -u dir>dir.txt
    (add " -wpassword" after -u if the device has a password)
    You now will have a directory listing of all the files on the BlackBerry in a text file called dir.txt. Now type:
    notepad dir.txt
    and search for PTT. You will find a line like this:
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app 4.2.1.79 164076 Sun Mar 11 21:31:42 2007
    To delete that module, you'd type:
    JavaLoader.exe -u erase -f net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    Repeat that for all the _PTT_ modules you find. There should really only be one other module - net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_help__en.cod.
    JerryD