Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I just got mine more than 5 days ago. This is my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Re: Keyboard Complaints?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just got mine more than 5 days ago. This is my first blackberry and it sure is a giant leap from my samsung t809. Qwerty keyboard is definately better than my 809 and I can type faster than ever!! My 809 was squeaky so is this one but thats nothing major. I have the silicone rubbery stuff and a full body invisible shield. Overall, I very much love this phone!!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I must say, with nails it is very very hard to type on the 8800. People think I am constantly drunk when they get my messages... LOL

maroon_tiger no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by danchang111
    Hey Everyone. I am brand new to the site, but everyone here is filled with great information. There's a lot to glean from. I haven't browsed around the forums yet so I do apologize if this topic has been answered before.

I want to get the blackberry 8800, but while reading reviews, two complaints that often came up were:

1) The Keyboard is too small.

2) The device is squeaky and flimsy.

Are these complaints true?

Thanks everyone!!!
    the keyboard isnt as bad as advertised... i upgraded from a sprint 8703e to a sprint 8830... i liked the feel of the buttons on the 8703e but the buttons were very small... but had more space.... unless you have hands like shrek, you'll be ok on the 8830... the buttons are pretty big.. and it takes practice and good eye-hand coordination and you'll be typing like a pro in no time

the trackball is soooooo much better than the thumbwheel.... its more efficient and it gets the job done faster

.... the browser is still mediocre, but thats >= 99% of the other phones availible... i just tried the IPHONE OUT TODAY, and that phone crushes the blackberrys in alot of categories... except functionality, and if the blackberrys adopted the full windows mobile suite, it would really make a great opponent to the users who arent working in the workforce

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    I must say, with nails it is very very hard to type on the 8800. People think I am constantly drunk when they get my messages... LOL
    I own the 8800 also and the keyboard is very easy to use, maybe because it's my first BB. My nails are long too and typing is a breeze. But it is different for everyone, not all can do it. But I do understand having long nails can throw you. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12