Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Everyone. I am brand new to the site, but everyone here is filled with ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

danchang111 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Keyboard Complaints?

Advertisement

Hey Everyone. I am brand new to the site, but everyone here is filled with great information. There's a lot to glean from. I haven't browsed around the forums yet so I do apologize if this topic has been answered before.

I want to get the blackberry 8800, but while reading reviews, two complaints that often came up were:

1) The Keyboard is too small.

2) The device is squeaky and flimsy.

Are these complaints true?

Thanks everyone!!!

jonbost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA03C0

Re: Keyboard Complaints?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have been using the 8800 for about 3 months now. I do not feel that the keyboard is to small. It does take some getting use to but that only took about 2 days or so for me. As for the construction early models do have squeaky sides but I still think the device was well built and will stand up for some time.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i actually prefer the keys on the 8830 and i have owned Treos, the Q , PPC 6700 and an 8703 e. i like the slope of the keys and the little "nubs" at the end that let you know your fingers are on the key. I find my typing to be quicker and more accurate than any other full qwerty keyboard phone i have used. It sure beats graffitti and touchscreen typing as i have used on other devices just my opinion

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

its true the keypad is smaller. 8830 keys are further apart.

it took me about 3 days to get used to 8800, i have no problems typing away now.

tdematteo no está en línea Stack level 1

The keys are a little hard to use at first. My problem with them is using the device as a phone and trying to dial a number I don't have programmed in to the address book.

I have the new Verizons and it is very tight.

Still learning a lot of things and how to use it.

Ted

AsianMan no está en línea Stack level 1

I have giant fingers, but when I IM people, or Email or type addresses I rarely press 2 keys at the same time. I'd say I can type about as smoothly and correctly as I would on a desktop.

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm coming from an 8703 and I absolutely love the keyboard. The tactile response is fantastic. Even the backlighting issue lessens the more you use the phone.

I love the phone and couldn't be happier that I made the switch.

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

I came from a 7250. I had blackberry thumbs the first week. It does take time to adjust but it is a great device. I do dnot see it as flimsy as was advertised. I also bought the twelve dollar silicon case which protects the device. I will take trackball over trackwheel anyday.

Nonetheless, I think you have to look at the device as the whole package. MP3 player and all.

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

I'm coming from an 8700G and after about a week I'm still getting used to the keyboard. And I agree the phone feels fairly flimsy. I'm terrified to drop the thing or accidentally sit on it, where my 8700 took home some serious battle scars with no real performance problems. I'll update later.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by danchang111
    Are these complaints true?
    Keyboard preference isn't a true or false fact. It depends on the person. Some people don't like it. Some do. Try it out for yourself as no one can tell you whether you will be ok with it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by akosnitzky
    I do dnot see it as flimsy as was advertised.
    People pretty much complain that every new model "feels" flimsy (look back and you'll find the exact same concerns about the 8700 when it first came out -- now it's touted as durable -- go figure). I've dropped my 8800 several times on concrete. Yes, it has an Invisible Shield but that doesn't provide any impact protection. Nothing's cracked, dinged or otherwise affected. I'd hardly say that the 8800 is flimsy.
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-03-2007 at 05:09 AM.

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

My 8800 feels solid to me. The keybord is a little cramped but after a few days typing on is became a breeze.

swatts1 no está en línea Stack level 1

My new 8830 feels solid, but I prefer the keyboard on the 7230.....I'm sure I'll adapt though!

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by swatts1
    My new 8830 feels solid, but I prefer the keyboard on the 7230.....I'm sure I'll adapt though!
    It is worth adapting to. I did add additional auto text.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hubby had the 8800 and was ok with the keyboard. He now has a curve and likes the keys much better!!

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive got to say that the 8800 has the best keyboard by far. I have used 7230, 7100, 7130, 8700, 8300 and a few more and the 8800 is by far the best keyboard out there!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast