My VZW 8830 trackball and the left Alt key (turn ON numeric) no longer work ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

BkerTech no está en línea Stack level 2

Key/Trackball no longer works!

Advertisement

My VZW 8830 trackball and the left Alt key (turn ON numeric) no longer work as of this morning (worked fine yesterday). I tried to pull the battery and nothing helps. Have any of you experienced this? I plan to take this back to the store and get a new BB. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Key/Trackball no longer works!

I would say try turning the phone off and leave it off. Had a similar problem with the trackball on my 8830 but it only lasted a few minutes then went away.

BkerTech no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks! That did not help either. I took the battery out of the phone for an extended amount of time, put it back int & the problem persists! The BB 1-year warranty just expired!!! Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by JR_Rider View Post
    I would say try turning the phone off and leave it off. Had a similar problem with the trackball on my 8830 but it only lasted a few minutes then went away.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Happened to my Curve and what I did was - I pressed the trackball with my thumbnail and roll it a few times. Dirt came out soon after that. All in a sudden, it started to work as usual. BUT, I'M NOT RECOMMENDING this as a solution. I took the risk of voiding the warranty and it worked. Good luck!