After installing OS4.5 when I reboot I get a message requesting that I enter my ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Question Key Store Access issue

Advertisement

After installing OS4.5 when I reboot I get a message requesting that I enter my "Keystore Access password". I do that and the message goes away. Afterwards, I get another message "A key is secured by an old password from Sep 19, 2007. Please enter the password frm that date to convert the key." When I enter the password, or what I remember to be the password it doesn't work and the message keeps coming back until I hit 'esc'. (This was the date I originally purchased my BB8800 and I don't recall if I ever had an original password for Keystore.) (1) was there a generic Keystore password that someone might recall, or (2) is there some way to make this message/issue disappear ... and stay disappeared? Thanks.
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Humm, it looks like you have an old trusted SSL certificate that you added to the trusted store and that is creating a problem. I am guessing you added a self-signed SSL certificate to your trusted store at a certain point before the upgrade. If you get rid of that certificate the problem may go away.

Try going to Options->Security Options->Certificates. In the list you should see a list of all trusted SSL certificates. Find the one that you added to the list before upgrading, if you remember it of course. The added certificates may appear with a yellow question mark before them, so that might be of help. One way for these SSL certificates to get added to the keystore when you establish an HTTPS session, for example.

Delete that old trusted certificate and see if the problem goes away.
    The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Thumbs up Old certificate advice worked

Thanks for the good advice. I did find one old certificate with a yellow question mark which I've deleted. One more question: I found several that had red X's also; should these also be deleted?
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Those red X'es are expired SSL certificates. Before deleting them look in the Details to see who they are from.

I notice on my 8330 there are a few expired SSL certs issues by root CAs, so to be on the safe side I would be careful about getting rid of those.

On the other hand, if you see an expired self-signed certificate from a site you visited a while ago, deleting it should be fine.
    The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app