Hi All*, Well, I just took a pretty huge leap.. My partner knew I wanted ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

joeyinpa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Just ordered a new 8820, advice?

Advertisement

Hi All*,
    Well, I just took a pretty huge leap.. My partner knew I wanted to get an updated phone even though I only had my Pearl a few months, so, on my Birthday, on January 22nd, my new 8820 will be delivered. Am I over-reaching with this phone? I do like the idea of the full keyboard, for sure, I am assuming, hopefully so, that this is one of the "newer" BBs? ANY advice is Greatly appreciated! Thanks All*!
    JoeyLee*
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am than be beloved for what I am not" - unknown
    8530! (OS V5.0) VZW

PIN/ID
    Did I make a mistake, with the 8820? Usually someone responds by now. I may still be able to change models. Anyone?
    JoeyLee
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyinpa View Post
    Did I make a mistake, with the 8820? Usually someone responds by now. I may still be able to change models. Anyone?
    JoeyLee
    If an 8820 is truly what you want then no you didn't make a mistake. I upgraded from the 8820 before I got my BOLD. The BOLD is actually the continuation of that series. The 8820 has a full qwerty keyboard that you will soon love, gps and wifi all under the same roof. Get the latest OS update and enjoy the experience!
    Last edited by calm_tiger; 01-16-2009 at 09:35 PM.

PIN/ID
    Thank You!
    The 8820 is what I ordered. It's scheduled to be delivered on the 22nd. It's a gift from my partner, but he wants me to get whatever I want.
    Thanks!
    JoeyLee

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    As long as you can do without the camera the 8820 is an excellent choice. Both wi-fi and GPS, a nice large display, good battery life... I would still use mine but with a one year old thats growing up way too fast I couldn't do without the camera... just something to consider....

Dube no está en línea Stack level 2
    yea i agree with raff, if you can live without a camera the 8820 is an good phone. i had the pearl before i got the 8820. i kinda of miss it because of the camera, but the wifi and gps feature alone are more then enough, for me, to forget about the camera.

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    ok i just got may 8820 and i heard the 8900 is out on February 11 should i send it back and wait i can do without a cam.

PIN/ID
    Here's my advice, in my own opinion; Stick with the 8820, at least with the 8820, the folks here know most, if not all of the potential probs that may arise, as with the new 9000, it'll be a learning experience for all? Made some sense, I hope?

Good Luck!
    JoeyLee*
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am than be beloved for what I am not" - unknown
    8530! (OS V5.0) VZW

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I just switched back to an 8820 yesterday. I love mine. I rarely used my camera so not having one is no big deal for me. They keyboard can't be beat. I haven't updated it to 4.5 as of yet. Its still on 4.2. I'm very satisfied with this model. I think you made a good choice.

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I just switched back to an 8820 yesterday. I love mine. I rarely used my camera so not having one is no big deal for me. They keyboard can't be beat. I haven't updated it to 4.5 as of yet. Its still on 4.2. I'm very satisfied with this model. I think you made a good choice.
    I would have to agree, the keyboard on the 88XX's are THE best keyboards, plain and simple. I have an 8800(rockin it old school, I know) and I LOVE it. I would like to get an updated phone but I don't like the curve keyboard and i just don't know about the bold.