Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check out this very entertaining and useful application...nuTsie. It allows you to stream your iTunes ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

jonfredric no está en línea Developer

iTunes on your Blackberry, for free

Advertisement

Check out this very entertaining and useful application...nuTsie.

It allows you to stream your iTunes library and shrare/discovery other playlists from users on the site.

The cool thing is that nuTsie streams all of your music, so there's a limitless capacity of music.

Right now they only have the Pearl, Curve, and 8800 working with nuTsie...

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Re: iTunes on your Blackberry, for free

Can you give us a link? Is it ota? Or what? More details please.

I'm a 8100 user, others might like this too. Post it in the 8100 section as well.

Sounds cool though.

~via My BB 8100 (wap.pinstack.com)~

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

I have an 8700c and ill give it a try. Hope it works!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TheMooch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C76AO4

So, aside from this being spam (goonball posted at least twice) there are no real benefits.

From the Gizmodo (and Laptop Mag) article:

Here's a way to listen to your iTunes library on cellphones other than the iPhone: NuTsie, a beta application that just launched today, holds a huge library of music, and any songs you have in your iTunes library can be listened to on your cellphone. Notice that name, NuTsie? Cute. It's an anagram of iTunes. It's a great workaround. What's the catch?

Laptop Magazine reviewed the application, testing it with a few different cellphones. So far, it's compatible with just 15 different phones. The reviewer noticed it's easy to download and sign up for the service. While there are plenty of songs in the service's library, it doesn't have everything, so you still won't be able to listen to your entire iTunes collection.
    It's not a free-for all, either. You pick the tunes you want to listen to, and then it streams each song to you, but when it plays them back it shuffles them around, rather than letting you hear each song on demand. That's how they get around the legalities here—it's similar to Pandora, where it's more like a streaming radio station than an iPod with all your tunes on it.
    That said, the reviewer thought the music "sounded great," and when listening over a wired headset pronounced it as good as listening to it over any other MP3 player. The main drawback was the way the service stopped as soon as the clamshell RAZR was closed, which they called a "dealbreaking drawback." The music didn't stop when closing the Nokia N76, however.
    This NuTsie service is worth a try—it's free for now, but remember that if you don't have an unlimited data plan on your cellphone, you'll be paying for each of these downloads. Note that the company's website isn't working too well with Firefox, but seems to work fine with Internet Explorer. – Charlie White

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by jonfredric
    Check out this very entertaining and useful application...nuTsie.

It allows you to stream your iTunes library and shrare/discovery other playlists from users on the site.

The cool thing is that nuTsie streams all of your music, so there's a limitless capacity of music.

Right now they only have the Pearl, Curve, and 8800 working with nuTsie...
    I am an intellectual property attorney. While this post is not meant to provide legal advice, I recommend before using this, or any other online service, each person should read and understand the site's Privacy Policy as to how personal information can be used.

portorikan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C1BB14

Smile Re: iTunes on your Blackberry, for free

Quote Originally Posted by nrcapes
    I am an intellectual property attorney. While this post is not meant to provide legal advice, I recommend before using this, or any other online service, each person should read and understand the site's Privacy Policy as to how personal information can be used.
    Well, that's enough for me not to use it. Quite frankly, that's kinda why I have an ipod anyway.

Scott Spillers no está en línea Stack level 1

You don't have to upload your iTunes playlists to use this service. It's basically just like any other internet radio station. Its very similar to Yahoo Music for example. The big difference being, they have a client application that runs on some BlackBerry devices.

Has anyone gotten this to install on a BlackBerry 8830?

matthiasj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243C4CBB

it works pretty good on my curve, i'd still rather put music on my sd though

Scott Spillers no está en línea Stack level 1

Anybody get this to install on an 8830 yet?

ehaugk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2408BEDE

I got it working on my 8800, works well. You just can't choose a song, you have to deal with the order its in on your playlist.

jonfredric no está en línea Developer

Quote Originally Posted by nrcapes
    Intellectual property attorney,

I read the Privacy Policy and don't undertand why there should be a concern. Yes, you never blatently said there should be, but you hinted upon it. Should there be a concern?

yikes no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been looking for an app, any app, that can do a reasonable job of streaming music to my 8830. Unfortuantely, nutsie fails to install ("907 Invalid JAR String index out of range -16"). Oh well!

BrianFeinzimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea I can't get the dam thing on my 8830

sub zero no está en línea Stack level 1

how did you guys get it to work.....i get a error saying that i was unable to establish a network connection....something about me having to have correct network settings on my handset!?!?!

Whats that about....please help!

Rico

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the same error.
    Anything with this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast