Have any of you noticed when using the "Today Theme" that when you receive then ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

mark986 no está en línea Stack level 2

Issue with Today Theme

Advertisement

Have any of you noticed when using the "Today Theme" that when you receive then delete a text message, it sometimes still shows on the main screen? I noticed this during holstering (and it locks). Is there a setting or is this a glitch? I usually have to go to options, then where it says SMS and Email, change it from theme controlled to seperate, then back to theme controlled and it seems to erase it from the main screen.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Issue with Today Theme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive heard it said that happens when there's a lot of messages in your inbox. I don't know if that's true' but a battery pull cures it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

what if you leave it on separated?

Yea, but batter pull is a pain, the same with going between theme controlled and seperate. If you go seperate, you'll be notified you have a message, but won't be able to view it on the main screen. It will take you to the inbox folder where you have to select the message.

ketan1988 no está en línea Stack level 1

I feel ur pain buddy, I need the Today theme cuz i like how the message and Calander Details show up there.

The new message glitch happens to me like once or twice a day! and i have to do a battery pull

Yea, what a hassel.. I noticed it only does it to me though if I have it holstered, receive a message, then read it right away (my phone is set to lock when holstered). However, if I don't read it for a little while, it won't do it. Hopefully they fix this with an update or something.

crossilcm no está en línea Stack level 2

Go into your messages and mark the item as unread, then re-open it. This will remove it from your today screen. Only way I know other than reset.

bruiser_04 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243FCD27

I too have the same issue...after you open it and read it back out to your messages screen, and then delete it, this usually removes it from your home screen, almost every time I try to delete it when the message is open that is when mine seems to stick to the home screen...works for me anyways, I use the today plus theme.

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I HATE this problem. Try doing a soft reset instead of a battery pull. (Alt+right shift+del) Works every time.

ketan1988 no está en línea Stack level 1

I finally figured out a way to get rid of the alert thing without battery pull!!!

Goto ur msgs and goto the top nd highlight todays date, hit menu, and “mark prior opened“ and its gone!!

NO MORE BATTERY PULLS

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'll have to give that a try next time it happens. Sounds a lot easier then me having to switch between the different options under SMS and Email Inboxes.

Thanks!