Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I always thought the curve was HUGE untill i saw it in person and was ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

chocolatedesire no está en línea Stack level 2

Is the 8800 as big a it looks?

Advertisement

I always thought the curve was HUGE untill i saw it in person and was about ready to throw away my pearl....But I have been looking at the 8800 for a few weeks and like it alot i was just wondering is it as big as the curve or similar?

chocolatedesire no está en línea Stack level 2
    as it looks*
    Sorry about the typo hahah.
    Last edited by chocolatedesire; 04-07-2008 at 09:04 PM.

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I love my 8830. People like that little curve with its camera and spaced keys but I'm sold on this. Especially my 3G. Its not that big. Just compare it to a 8700 model.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    the 88xxs are bigger than the Curves. I would just go to a kiosk or phone store that has one and take a look.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've held the 2 side by side, there isn't a HUGE difference.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Same as above. I love my Verizon red 8830. It is bigger than the curve but not that much bigger. I just think it all comes down to preference.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e
    i have both...the curve is smaller but a little thicker...the 8800 is longer but a touch thinner...and sexier in my opinion...

mbeverly no está en línea Stack level 1
    they are just a little bit bigger

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I've held the 2 side by side, there isn't a HUGE difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatoretri View Post
    i have both...the curve is smaller but a little thicker...the 8800 is longer but a touch thinner...
    I always own both and there really isn't all that much difference - salvatoretri describes the physical differences perfectly above.

I've only just bought my BlackBerry 8800 and I'm yet to identify all the software differences between the two...

So far I've noticed that the BlackBerry 8800 doesn't have a built-in spell-checker, but other than that and the inability to create custom menu folders, I can't see all that much software differences either.

Most of the software differences between the BlackBerry 8800 and the BlackBerry Curve series seem to be cosmetic - think of the BlackBerry 8800 as Microsoft Vista, and the BlackBerry Curve series as Microsoft Vista with Aero, then you'll know exactly what I'm saying...

If you need a camera-free device (like I do) or you prefer the design of the BlackBerry 8800, get it; otherwise get the BlackBerry Curve is your best choice.

By the way, I didn't mention the built-in GPS receiver on the BlackBerry 8800 because there are variants of the BlackBerry Curve series that include this also...

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CybaCowboy View Post
    So far I've noticed that the BlackBerry 8800 doesn't have a built-in spell-checker, but other than that and the inability to create custom menu folders, I can't see all that much software differences either.
    I have the 8830 with Verizon, and it has the built in spell check. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Maybe this will help compare. I more noticed a difference in the keyboards between the 8800 and the curve rather than a size difference.

wojc0008 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Having it flatter is better since it can fit in your pocket better so you don't have to wear a dorky belt clip.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by wojc0008 View Post
    Having it flatter is better since it can fit in your pocket better so you don't have to wear a dorky belt clip.
    *Sarcasm follows*

We love it when people put their phones in their pockets. It brings us more money when we have to replace their lenses and LCD's.

*End Sarcasm*

The big issue with the new phones is that they have gotten so thin people forget they have them in their pockets until they pull it out and find the keys broke the lens, cracked the lens, scratched the lens, etc.... or the sit down and stand up to find they pressure cracked the LCD.

Zo

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post

Maybe this will help compare. I more noticed a difference in the keyboards between the 8800 and the curve rather than a size difference.
    Heeey, how come the trackballs on MY BlackBerry Curve 8300 and BlackBerry 8800 don't glow like that? LOL

Seriousy though, I found that the keyboard was the biggest difference for me too...

* The BlackBerry Curve series has smaller keys, however there's not MUCH difference to the BlackBerry 88xx series.
    * The keys on the BlackBerry Curve series have more "travel" - the space between the keys.
    * The BlackBerry 88xx series has larger keys, however there's not MUCH difference to the BlackBerry Curve series.
    * The keys on the BlackBerry 88xx series have minimal "travel" - the space between the keys.
    * The keys on both devices a vastly-different shape.
    * Certain keys (such as the "shift" key) are in slightly different locations between the two series...

It'll take you a few days to get used to either keyboard, but you will, so I suggest putting the keyboard at the bottom of your list.

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 ~

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    The 8800 Is A Great Phone....like Everyone Said.....the Curve Is Best For Camera And Media...but If You Want To Get Str8t To Business And Just Text Away....the 8800 Is The Way To Go....i Have An 8800 And It Treats Me Well....especially The Gps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast