Looking for ppl's opinions. I could get it for 299.99 + 100 mail in rebate... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tfc25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is it worth getting the 8800 when i have the 8703e?

Advertisement

Looking for ppl's opinions. I could get it for 299.99 + 100 mail in rebate

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Is it worth getting the 8800 when i have the 8703e?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Depends what u want out of BB. Might take some time getting used to 8800 keypad other than that it has some nice features. If you can wait there will always be better upgrade. BB ceo announced wifi phone before the end of year if that interests you.

BBwannabe no está en línea Stack level 3

I just received my 8830 yesterday. I had previously been using a 8703. After only one day I think I'm hooked. This is a fantastic BB. I know folks have complained about the keyboard, but I don't quite understand. The keys are closer together, but they're also bigger. It feels very comfortable to type on. The improved OS is fantastic. The phone profile is also much more comfortable than the 87.

The best suggestion I can give you is to try it out for 30 days and determine if it's worth the money. I think it is.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

I upgraded to the 8830 from the ppc 6700 and 8703e. Im so glad I did. The overall os is much better. And there are so many added features. It was worth it to me because I really want the media player so i could listen my music while commuting to work. So it depends on your personal preference.
    ]

iamkidd no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the 8800. I switched from the Treo 750. I love this I was gonna wait for the Curve to come out but I decided I could use GPS more than a camera. I love the GPS! I use it all the time. You could wait for the BB with th wifi to come out. However if you have the unlimited data plan then you really don't need the wifi.

-Kidd

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's a judgement call that you have to make. I find the media player & stereo audio, desktop view in the browser, voice dialing, and GPS to all be worth the upgrade. YMMV. Check the specs and features and determine if they fit your needs/wants. You can compare devices side-by-side at Blackberry.com.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i had the 8703e and now i have the 8800 believe me i was skeptical at first. but its all around an upgraded device. and i love the keyboard over the 8703 to be honest. what i would do is go to a verizon store and play around with the device feel it out and see if you like it. and take it from there. but i highly reccomend it.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

This is my very 1st BB and I LOVE it! My s/o has the 8700 and boy the difference is awesome! So spend that money, its worth it. (Wish I paid that much for mines )

jgirly2

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    i had the 8703e and now i have the 8800 believe me i was skeptical at first. but its all around an upgraded device. and i love the keyboard over the 8703 to be honest. what i would do is go to a verizon store and play around with the device feel it out and see if you like it. and take it from there. but i highly reccomend it.
    I really don't understand the dislike for the 8830's keyboard. I appreciate the spacing on the 8703, but the keys on the 88 feel a little larger, and give a much better tactile response. They also don't feel as plasticky. The only area I feel the 8703 might have a slight edge is that it felt like it was built like a tank. The 8830 seems to be a little bit more fragile, although that could simply come from it being my newest toy and therefore I treat it better.

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Get the 8830 if you are a Verizon hook. I agree with BBwannabe the keyboard is underrated. I think it would be a step up.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I upgraded to the 8800 from an 8700v, and I have to say I've never looked back. I do agree that I was worried about the comments about the keyboard, and one review I read even questioned the quality of the phone connection. I've never had any problem with any of it. I do have trouble getting "m" to type consistantly, may just be my fingers. All I can say is: Yes it's definitely worth it! : )

Quote Originally Posted by ted
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I upgraded to the 8800 from an 8700v, and I have to say I've never looked back. I do agree that I was worried about the comments about the keyboard, and one review I read even questioned the quality of the phone connection. I've never had any problem with any of it. I do have trouble getting "m" to type consistantly, may just be my fingers. All I can say is: Yes it's definitely worth it! : )
    If you're having trouble typing a character regularly, it may be the BB. The first 8703 I had, the "B" key wasn't working. At first I thought I just wasn't pressing it hard enough, but sure enough it turns out the key was broken. You may want to have a rep in a store look at it.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by BBwannabe
    I really don't understand the dislike for the 8830's keyboard.
    Why would you? Do you understand why someone likes or dislikes a certain color? It's a personal preference and not everyone's the same. I can't understand why people like SureType but that's why I don't user SureType BB's.

tfc25 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for all of the replies! I can't get to a verizon store until sunday! But I have the new every two so it will discount the phone a bit. For you verizon users out there - are rhe data + phone (as opposed to a regular voice + the data add on) unlimited data?

Also, what do you guys think about the scratch resistent nature of the 8800?