So I have the black 8703e, which I absolutely LOVE. But I of course, like ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

tfc25 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is it worth getting the 8800 when i have the 8703e?

Advertisement

So I have the black 8703e, which I absolutely LOVE. But I of course, like most ppl, want the slimmer model (though for a BB the 8703 is pretty slim). With that said, I am at the point in my contract that I would receive $100 off of any new phone - the new any two plan. I could technically cancel and go to another service provider just to get the black 8800 (in which there would be no hesitation - see post Re: Black 8800 for Verizon) but I think Verizon generally has the best service. thoughts?

sickened no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    dont ask

Re: Is it worth getting the 8800 when i have the 8703e?

I dont know about other service providers, but I love the 8800. I just got the 8800 and came from a pearl. I am loving the hell out of it. My best skins ever got here before my pearl along with a rubber skin. got here updated the software and started having fun with it....took a drive just to play with telenav and the built in gps.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I am going to get the 8830 and upgrade from my 8703. I think its going to be a good investment.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It would be since it's a World Phone meaning you can travel with it to other countries. I will let someone else go into more detail about that.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It's a personal judgment call. Compare the devices side-by-side using the comparison tool at Blackberry.com and decide for yourself. You'll get a bunch of yes and no answers asking everyone else. Most carriers offer a trial period on device upgrades. If VZW does then give it a shot and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by tfc25
    though for a BB the 8703 is pretty slim
    You'll change your mind after using the 88xx or 8100. My 8700 seems pretty fat these days.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by tfc25
    So I have the black 8703e, which I absolutely LOVE. But I of course, like most ppl, want the slimmer model (though for a BB the 8703 is pretty slim). With that said, I am at the point in my contract that I would receive $100 off of any new phone - the new any two plan. I could technically cancel and go to another service provider just to get the black 8800 (in which there would be no hesitation - see post Re: Black 8800 for Verizon) but I think Verizon generally has the best service. thoughts?
    If you are 100% satisfied with your current provider than I would get the 8830 they offer. However if you want to switch carriers to get a Black 8800, then I would suggest AT&T. First and most important is to make sure they have the coverage you want. Usually they do, as I travel all over the US, UK, and other countries with AT&T without any problems, as it's a world phone network. However you must insure that it works locally for you.

Regarding customer service I also find them to be quite good. I have used AT&T / Cingular / AT&T for quite some time now, after switching from Verizon. The main reason I switched was the expanded coverage areas that I need when traveling in the US, and that AT&T was the only carrier with World Coverage.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers...

Flag434 no está en línea Stack level 2

Once you put a black skin on it, it's a black phone anyway. Consumer Reports says Verizon coverage is best in 19 of the 20 top metro areas (and it is second in the 20th to a local provider). So the only difference I can see you having to weigh is the GPS which is not currently supported by Verizon, but is rumored to be just around the corner. With Verizon now offering the 8830 at $199 you can make any decision you want, but for me it was an easy one.