Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a way to transfer my ipod music to my new 8800 2gb sd ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

chefj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2e003

Question Ipod music to 8800 music?

Advertisement

Is there a way to transfer my ipod music to my new 8800 2gb sd memory card? I would assume the answer is no but thought i would ask anyway. I did see a program advertised on this site but it would only transfer "non-copy writed" music. Trying to be a better multi-tasker!

Thanks

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Ipod music to 8800 music?

If your ipod music is on your pc hard drive you can just transfer them from your pc to your 8800.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

do you still have the music you originally used to transfer onto your iPod? if so just copy it to your BB when it is connected to your computer. If not you CAN copy the music off the iPod but you have to "browse" around the iPod files/folders to find the songs, then rename them since iPod's change the file name.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Ders no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e0cb95

So when you say Ipod music are you talking about music you ripped from CDs or music you bought from Itunes. If it is music you bought from Itunes you cannot listen to it on your BB, and it is illegal to alter the files to be played on your BB. Google "Itunes DRM" for more info. If it is your music from CDs, what I do is go into Itunes, go to EDIT, PREFERENCES, ADVANCED, IMPORTING. From here you are going to want to change your settings. For "Import Using" you want to select "MP3 Encoder". For your settings, I recommend using "Good Quality 128", although I use the Custom setting and make it 128 mono, to add more music, because it essentially cuts the size down in half. Once you are done with that click "OK" and select the music you want to convert. Right click on the selection and click "Convert Selection to MP3" This will then convert it and add the folders under My Documents/My Music/Itunes/Itunes Music/"Arist Name"/"Album" by default. If your 8800 is like my 8100 you want to copy the album folder onto your blackberry music folder (which you should access by plugging your BB into your computer or by using a card reader). The music will show up once the card is in the device and no longer plugged into the computer. If your music was already in MP3 format, which I don't think is default for Itunes, then you can just copy the folders to your device as already stated.
    If you are talking about having music on your ipod and not on your computer, you can download freeware programs that will accomplish this task for you, although I am not familiar with any of them. Try Googling it, I've heard some of them work really well.

chefj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f2e003

The music that i am asking about is music that i have legally purchased from apple.com and wanting to transfer to my 8800.

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses....Thanks DERS, i have not posted enough to send a PM to you.... i guess i will have to work on that- 8 more posts to go.. yeahhhhhh!

Man i love this place!

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~If it is music you downloaded from itunes. You can always burn a CD of the songs or albums you want and then you can convert them to mp3 format. After doing that just plug up your berry and drag the music over.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tate002
    If your ipod music is on your pc hard drive you can just transfer them from your pc to your 8800.
    Not quite. The Blackberry only supports non-DRM music and only certain formats. The default M4P (or whatever the format is) won't work.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Not quite. The Blackberry only supports non-DRM music and only certain formats. The default M4P (or whatever the format is) won't work.
    Yeah watch the formats. iTunes uses M4P, and M4A and I have and use M4A on my Pearl.. so if it is that you will be ok, if the other you will have some work to do (like above said burn to a CD then rip it back as MP3).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Guynewking no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC2149
    Or if you want to save a lot of time and money you could download some software that removes the DRM.......very simple. Not quite legal, but quick easy.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Apple and EMI announced today they will sell non DRM music starting soon. You can pay an additional .30 to convert existing music to the non DRM version if you have bought tracks owned by EMI. There still is a file type conversion issue though.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

itunes plus selection is rather limited. As I said in a previous post, only 2% of my itunes song could have the DRM issue removed.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

There are other ways around the DRM... cough.. cough... I somehow managed to accidently get all my iTunes music on my Blackberry....hmmmm
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

I burned cds and it works fine. How do you get the playlists to show on your device itself?

I ended up using the audio tag function in media manager and categorized through the album title. That seems to be the workaround.

crogiers no está en línea Stack level 1

I converted my itunes library to mp3, enabled mass media storage on my bb8800 and now have a full library on my bb. then i purchased a connecter so i can connect the 8800 jack to the aux input of my car. however, when i play the songs, the music only comes out of one side of the car speakers? anybody know what i've done wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast