In all of the discussion about the 8820, I cannot tell whether the browser/media player ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

rdipper no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet Radio via 8820?

Advertisement

In all of the discussion about the 8820, I cannot tell whether the browser/media player and wifi will allow for streaming of internet radio stations.

Another question would be whether a combination of third party software would enable this capability.....Opera, RadioBee, etc.

Thanks for any insight.

ilans no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Internet Radio via 8820?

I think by now its clear that wifi on the 8820 is a dud. No voip, no streaming, not really good for much....just a bunch of hype that didn't live up to anyone's expectations.

mark986 no está en línea Stack level 2

Youre just gonna have to give ppl time to come out with stuff since the wifi to the blackberry is new.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a Sirius subscription & it sure would be nice to be able to listen with my 8820. I have tried via wifi also. I get an error message from Sirius stating that my unknown browser is not supported.

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B

Quote Originally Posted by exciter
    I have a Sirius subscription & it sure would be nice to be able to listen with my 8820. I have tried via wifi also. I get an error message from Sirius stating that my unknown browser is not supported.
    Assuming you're using the Blackberry browser, have you tried going into the settings, and making it emulate IE, and use HTML only, no WAP? I believe there might be some other third setting to try and fool the webserver that you're a real PC in that same screen.

That has worked for me before when trying to escape the "mobile" version of someone's website. I'm curious if it would work for you there.

Soonere39 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Instrumentality
    Assuming you're using the Blackberry browser, have you tried going into the settings, and making it emulate IE, and use HTML only, no WAP? I believe there might be some other third setting to try and fool the webserver that you're a real PC in that same screen.

That has worked for me before when trying to escape the "mobile" version of someone's website. I'm curious if it would work for you there.
    I agree with your idea but help me out please. I found the browser configuration and the default is checked with "prompt to enable javascript' and 'use forground and background colors' and nothing else is checked. There is an option for 'support HTML tables', is that what you are talking about or is there something else I should check/try.
    Thanks from a Newb.