Greetings to all. I am a new memeber of this forum and although I have ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Internet browser is not showing

Advertisement

Greetings to all.
    I am a new memeber of this forum and although I have read the guidelines still if there is any mistakes please enlighten me. I have recently purchased a 8800 on ebay and put my O2 (UK) sim card and upgraded my subscription to suit balckberry tariffs. My problem is that I do not have a browser icon in the applications and can not see themaps either.
    Any help and advisce will be greatly appreciated. Regards

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Internet browser is not showing

Welcome to the stacks! If you have a data plan with 02, then you should be able to log into the bis to send "service books." The bis site will either be on 02 website, or through a website they give you. These Service books are just settings for web and email and such. Once sent, your browser will appear. Now remember though, it could take up to 48 hours to get the web once you have added the feature through O2. Also, you can go to options>>> advanced options>> menu, register now>>> (on your bb) and that might make them appear for ya! Good luck and remember, there is always the nifty search button to help you hear on the stacks!!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack amoroso511. Let us know how it goes. When you say you cant see the maps do you see an icon for them on your BB, or is it completely gone?

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You should also make sure your bb is unlocked if it was originally branded for another carrier. If it was a used bb you need to call data support to wipe the other owners email info so the service books can be sent to your bb.

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Welcome to pinstack amoroso511. Let us know how it goes. When you say you cant see the maps do you see an icon for them on your BB, or is it completely gone?
    No Maps Icon is showing but nothin else comes up.

Hi
    It is O2 Uk and the phone is locked on O2 UK

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'd verify that you're properly provisioned and if you are contact BB support with your carrier. The service books should be automatically pushed (though sometimes there are problems).

homer2568 no está en línea Stack level 1

the strange thing is if you look at an 8800 BEFORE activating it the browser never shows up in the menu it but shows up in the applications list. For example, if you purchased one from, say, Cingular but never had them activate it the browser would not show up -- its as if the browser is a feature tied to the activation of the phone. NOt sure if that helps at all

Thank you all and greetings
    By the sound of it I think the culprit is O2 Uk and they promised me to sort the problem out soon. Quite honestly even people in O2 shops in London do not know what they are talking about when it comes to BB, but no body is perfect. Regards

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by homer2568
    the strange thing is if you look at an 8800 BEFORE activating it the browser never shows up in the menu it but shows up in the applications list.
    That's because you need the service books for the browser.