When I loose access to my BES. Like lets say the internet connection goes down ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

diginet no está en línea Stack level 2

internet access whle BES is down

Advertisement

When I loose access to my BES. Like lets say the internet connection goes down where the BES is hosted at. I noticed that I can not browse to websites from my blacberry device because probably it can't connect to the BES? I

s there a way so that it can fall back to BIS when BES is down or something so i ca continue to browse the web even when I can not connect to our BES server?

Thanks in advance.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: internet access whle BES is down

It may depend on which browser you use. If you surf via the blackberry browser, that traffic goes through your BES. Make sure your TCP settings are set and try with the internet browser. Those settings should go straight out to the internet via your provider. I think the 8xxx series devices have one web browser icon so you can change the settings in...browser>options>browser configuration, and make sure you're using internet browser at the top of the screen.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Sorry APN settings, not TCP.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Internet browser works fine on my BB without the APN specified. The Internet Browser uses the BB's own TCP stack IIRC.