Hi, I have my shiny new 8800 that all of a sudden will not sync ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

morph2007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f1b4f8

Smile Inetllisync

Advertisement

Hi,

I have my shiny new 8800 that all of a sudden will not sync up with Outlook 2003

Laptop is running Win2k (work machine) sp4

I connect the BB via USB (have a work Nokia E61 which connects over Bluetooth) and the BB charges fine (so the drivers are ok)

I get the sync screen areaing on the BB but it quick dies (no transfer, no calander/task conflicts etc appear). If I try and sync manually I get a nasty message
    "Intellisync
    Unable to connect to handheld device
    verify that handheld is ready and retry"

I have unstalled BB desktop manager and download the latest 4.2 SP1 from the BB site and have also tried reinstalling 4.2

I have removed the Reasearch In Motion profile from Documents and Settings\<my NT username>

Nothing seems to work, if I look at the connection settings - it is fine - USB:PIN#......

It is also odd that I cannot connect the BB to the laptop via Bluetooth - the BB desktop manager connections settings for Bluetooth are greyed out - and have always been that way.

I cannot change the laptop too much (it is a work machine) otherwise I would probably just do a rebuild.

I must be missing something, does anyone have any ideas?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Inetllisync

Quote Originally Posted by morph2007
    Nothing seems to work, if I look at the connection settings - it is fine - USB:PIN#......
    If you hit the Detect button does it find the PIN of the BB when connected (ignore the PIN already listed)?

It is also odd that I cannot connect the BB to the laptop via Bluetooth - the BB desktop manager connections settings for Bluetooth are greyed out - and have always been that way.
    It's not odd. Have you read RIM's knowledgebase article on bluetooth sync requirements and setup? There are several common reasons why it's greyed out.
    Last edited by takeshi; 03-21-2007 at 11:14 AM.

ChrisBlack no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24E5704A

Try all these:
    -verify in the desktop manager, Options->Connection Settings->Connection (USB)
    -Check the checkbox "Syncronize organizer data" inside sincronize.
    -Configure syncronization settings (sincronize->Configuration->Configure synch)
    -Change to another USB Port.
    -Hard reset your device

regards,

PIN/ID
    23f1b4f8

Many thanks for the responses, the only thing I have not tried is the Hard Reset (how do I do this?)

I even reinstalled outlook 2003 just incase.

It is almost as if the intellisync software is either trying to talk to a corrupt table on the BB or after removing the Desktop software and using a registry cleaner something has still been left behind. (I dont have another machine handy to test this theory).

On the bluetooth sync, to be honest I have not really played with this as connecting both the Nokia E61 and BB to the same machine seems to cause more problems than it is worth! I think I will leave the bluetooth for when I get a replacement laptop (last one died last summer).

I got the phone through Vodafone in the UK, and so far have managed to puzzle the BB/Vodafone Tech support so they have raised a helpdesk ticket. After writting this out and thinking about it more I think I may have a corrupt profile on the BB (but how do I sort that out?)

Cheers all

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Intellisync??? DO you mean Desktop Manager?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

PIN/ID
    23f1b4f8

Yep, the Desktop Manager calls Intellisync.

The other strange thing, the media manager works and that can communicate with the BB, so the only thing that is not working is
    BB Backup (fails to communicate)
    Anything to do with Outlook (intellisync)

PIN/ID
    23f1b4f8

Great News!

I wiped the BB last night and connected up this morning - all now works!

I lost a few events and tasks because of it - but I can atleast use this device now!

Thanks all
    (guess I'll wait for BB Services to get back to me ! ;-) )

brndnddge no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Inetllisync

Hi,

I have my shiny new 8800 that all of a sudden will not sync up with Outlook 2003

Laptop is running Win2k (work machine) sp4

I connect the BB via USB (have a work Nokia E61 which connects over Bluetooth) and the BB charges fine (so the drivers are ok)

I get the sync screen areaing on the BB but it quick dies (no transfer, no calander/task conflicts etc appear). If I try and sync manually I get a nasty message
    "Intellisync
    Unable to connect to handheld device
    verify that handheld is ready and retry"

I have unstalled BB desktop manager and download the latest 4.2 SP1 from the BB site and have also tried reinstalling 4.2

I have removed the Reasearch In Motion profile from Documents and Settings\<my NT username>

I cannot change the laptop too much (it is a work machine) otherwise I would probably just do a rebuild.

I must be missing something, does anyone have any ideas?

Jus a little info. desktop manager version 4.2 sp1 is a dowload only for vista. which is good in some sense and bad in others. dtm v4.2 sp1 is the only one that will sync with outlook 2007. Depending on who your service provider is and how you installed dtm. did you install dtm with the blackberry plugged in? Or vise versa? I would recomend calling in to your service provider. Exe cingular or T-mobile since they are the only once currently supporting the blackberry 8800's. They can walk you through a full clean uninstall. I mean cleaning out the registry editor the whold nine yards. which is very helpful. My experience with dtm randomly shutting down is a pc issue. win 2k ehhh should work but very ify. would recomend on an upgrade on the pc as well. i know you are up on the latest service packs but still. i would recomend steering away from 4.2 sp1 and windows vista right now. They designed windows 4.2 sp1 for windows vista but blackberrys are still blue screening vista. Xp sp2 is a good os as long as it is pro or home any other are not supported by blackberry as in RIM Research in motion. exe media center, tablet pc xp pro sp1 which is x64 bit processor. ummm wow back to dtm looping on your pc. dtm and blakcberrys are highly stable. might be your pc, if it s a work pc id take it to your it dept. have them take a gander at it. there might be reasons for running win2k but i wouldnt recomend it. not for the 8800, ming want to dish 4.2 and go to bb's website and download 4.1.1.19 alot more stable. its been out for a while. no bugs in it.

PIN/ID
    23f1b4f8

Hi,

and many thanks for the info!

My personal laptop screen blew many months ago, so I am left with my work machine so I have to stick with NT4 (I have asked for XP Prof).

I need to get a new laptop for home but will not be getting a Vista licence for the next few years atleast (takes Microsoft that long to work the core bugs out and I dont have the time nor patients anymore for that!)

Hopefully, I'll get XP on this machine in the meantime.

Quite ironic that the company I work for includes the DTM as standard but my BB is personal so I am out of company support!

Cheers