I remotely dial into our company server from a home computer. I downloaded the global ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

doug.bibler no está en línea Stack level 1

importing global address list pst file

Advertisement

I remotely dial into our company server from a home computer. I downloaded the global address list to my desktop but it is not in my outlook on the computer as this is my personal computer and the outlook is for a seperate email address. How do I upload this to the address book? I followed the link for pst files in a thread but the directions didn't work with the 8800. were they for a different model? What's the best way for an old fart to learn how to use one of these? thanks

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: importing global address list pst file

Hi doug....does your company run BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server)? If so, you don't need to load the GAL on your home PC....it would wirelessly synchronize your business contacts to your handheld. To do that you would need to Enterprise Activate the handheld to your BES account (just hook up the BB to your PC and start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software to generate an encryption key that will synchronize your handheld to the BES account).

If your company doesn't run on BES, you're not going to be able to sync to GAL contacts (and loading an entire GAL listing to your local PC may be a gargantuan task unless you work for a very small company). If you don't have BES, I'd recommend just adding your needed contacts to your consumer BIS (BlackBerry Internet Server) account.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: importing global address list pst file

If you're not on BES and can't use GAL lookup (the recommended method) then you need to import from the PST into your Contacts. Again, I don't recommend the second approach unless you have no other choice and the GAL is small.