I just upgraded an older Bberry to the 8800. The older one worked fine with ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

potter no está en línea Stack level 1

IHF 1000 Car Kit

Advertisement

I just upgraded an older Bberry to the 8800. The older one worked fine with my Motorola carkit IHF 1000. The 8800 can make outgoing calls fine, and rings correctly for incoming calls, but does not answer the incoming calls. I have disabled the address book transfer function in the 8800 as suggested on another post, but that did not resolve the problem. Any suggestions?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: IHF 1000 Car Kit

Maybe this may help...

A complicated ring tone on a headset requires a large amount of processing power. The audio format used by a BlackBerry device to transmit to a headset also requires a lot of processing power. The call answer button on your headset might not work when these two factors both exist.

Workaround

Make one or more of these changes to avoid this problem.
    • Use a different headset.
    • Use a simple ring tone.
    • Disable the ring on the headset so that only the handheld rings.
    • Press the answer button on the headset between rings.

potter no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: IHF 1000 Car Kit

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    Maybe this may help...

A complicated ring tone on a headset requires a large amount of processing power. The audio format used by a BlackBerry device to transmit to a headset also requires a lot of processing power. The call answer button on your headset might not work when these two factors both exist.

Workaround

Make one or more of these changes to avoid this problem.
    • Use a different headset.
    • Use a simple ring tone.
    • Disable the ring on the headset so that only the handheld rings.
    • Press the answer button on the headset between rings.
    Hayden, thanks.

There is no headset involved. The problem relates to my carkit not being able to answer a call that comes in through the bberry. So, I don't have the luxury of using a different carkit. The ringtone set on my bberry is vibrate only, so I don't suspect that is processing intensive. I think I have tried pressing the answer button on carkit between rings, but I will try that again.

potter