What's the ideal amount of File Free on a BB 8830? User has Facebook, etc, ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

b0s0z0ku no está en línea Stack level 1

Ideal "file free" memory

Advertisement

What's the ideal amount of File Free on a BB 8830? User has Facebook, etc, installed; their file free is now about 9MB. However, they lost their old e-mail, call logs, etc, the other day. Not sure what the free memory was before the Blackberry cleaned house.

Anyway, is 8-9MB enough?

Thanks -b.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

Re: Ideal "file free" memory

mine is about 38.6MB with call logs removed, emails deleted since I have them on my google mail account. I have 5 custom files installed, Voice activated dialing is removed, Auto text is removed, Preloaded pictures and Video removed. I have the Emice 8800
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

I have 25mb free and my bb works well. have deleted unwanted languages, preloaded video & clear my cache after browsing.

eugd no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    mine is about 38.6MB with call logs removed, emails deleted since I have them on my google mail account. I have 5 custom files installed, Voice activated dialing is removed, Auto text is removed, Preloaded pictures and Video removed. I have the Emice 8800

how do do you delete voice dialer? I tried to d it from applications under options? and under application loader in BB desktop...don't see it in ether places?

ikkoku no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by eugd View Post
    how do do you delete voice dialer? I tried to d it from applications under options? and under application loader in BB desktop...don't see it in ether places?
    it's the VADs that needs to be removed when you load an OS. There's a comprehensive thread with instructions somewhere...

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I only have 16k free and mine works very well.

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

I have about 8.7 MB free but I swear it wasn't that low a couple weeks ago. I think the FindIt update is a memory hog. What other items can I delete from the loader files to free more memory? PTT has been removed. I'm afraid to just start deleting things in fear of breaking my BB. What is the voice dialer & voice recorder named?

asig no está en línea Stack level 1

free file memory/call log erase

HI,
    I've been reading the site searching for help with my Blackberry pearl. In the past few days all my call logs erase with out any prompting, as well as my test messages. I've read some of the tips on this site...but frankly I am not a very tech savvy person...so if anybody can help with with understanding some of the terms....and offer me any advice I would appreciate it. I also read a lot about checking your free file status. Mine is 0 Bytes. Can somebody please explain what that means for my phone and how I can go about fixing it. Thank you!