I posted a thread earlier with my dissatisfaction about the media player on the 8800. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

Confuciman no está en línea Stack level 1

I wish we got the Media player that the 8300 has..

Advertisement

I posted a thread earlier with my dissatisfaction about the media player on the 8800. Just saw some review on the 8300 and the media player on that is similar to what I was wondering about. U gals/guys think RIM will update the media player on the 8800 to the 8300 version?

I may want to return this 8800 and just wait for the 8300..but no GPS

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: I wish we got the Media player that the 8300 has..

they may one day, they did upgrade the alarm clock, calculator, and auto-dim so you never know
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~with the 8300 you can just get a bt gps unit, that's what I'm gonna do. Its worth having a built in camera more to me, and the media player.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by SkUbA0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~with the 8300 you can just get a bt gps unit, that's what I'm gonna do. Its worth having a built in camera more to me, and the media player.
    I am with you. GPS is a great feature but so is a camera and the better media player. I have a BT GPS receiver that I use with my PPC and one of the benefits to using that over a built in is that you don't need the Blackberry or PCC device to set up on the dash. Just through the BT unit up there and you can put the Blackberry anywhere else in the car. My preference would be to have it built in, but for an 8300 upgrade it's worth using the seperate unit.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Confuciman
    U gals/guys think RIM will update the media player on the 8800 to the 8300 version?
    Probably -- we'll have to wait for the OS update.

rkm82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys! I've had my 8800 for about 2 days now. I too was miffed about the media player that appeared on it but fiddling with it tonight, I figured out a few things. In your root music directory, if you press your menu key, you'll see an option that says "Play All" or "Play Folder". When a song is playing, press P/@ to restart, and press N to skip to the next song. This may be old news to many of you, but I was excited when I found it... Oh yea... First post .

-Ryan

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Kongrats on the first post. The media player on the 8800 works better than the 8700g. I can finally watch or should I say listen to them.

If an updated os comes out I will get it. But way to many versions of the bb are coming out now. Keeping up with it isn't cheap.