Hello everyone! This is getting to annoy me!!! Just yesterday my 8800 started acting strange. ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

darrenito no está en línea Stack level 1

Question I Need Help With My Email Settings

Advertisement

Hello everyone!

This is getting to annoy me!!! Just yesterday my 8800 started acting strange. Whenever I recieve an email, the notification icon will show on the screen for about 15 seconds and then the email will automatically be marked as read on the device. I've tried to find in the options why this may be happeninig with no luck. I don't know why this is happening seeming that I did not change any of my options on the phone. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it??? I'm going nuts!

Thanks!

D

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: I Need Help With My Email Settings

Never heard of the problem, but have you tried a battery pull? if that isn't working, try deleting all your email accounts and then re-setting them...there might just be a hiccup in there.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

darrenito no está en línea Stack level 1

I found out why this is happening. The email is first sent to my 8800 and the email message alert icon shows up. Once my Outlook recieves the email, the icon dissapears from the 8800 and is marked as read. Now that I know why this is happening, does anyone know how to fix it?

D

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

either turn off preview pane on outlook or just dont have outlook up and running while your not at your pc, or not sure if this will work but make sure handheld wins over mailbox
    Last edited by fritter; 07-24-2007 at 02:22 PM.