Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ That microwave thing is a bit drastic especially if there is a ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: I know this is personal, but...........

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That microwave thing is a bit drastic especially if there is a risk they don't provide a new one, thpugh quite amusing and worth noting.

My favourite one is spilling J D & coke on the keyboard and getting sticky keys. Actually happened several times not on purpose.

Here in the UK carriers just give you a new one on the spot when you go to the net's store. A quick chat with the insurance person online and have £30 excess charge added onto one's account. I pay £10 month for insurance.

Its pricing is different here, they give you a phone for free if you choose a high enough monthly tariff. But, we don't get as many monthly minutes as USA customers and we pay mucho monthly £££ as well.

As for my old BBs I sell to friends to get them hooked onto BBs and give to relatives.

Also, 8800 is an evolution of the 8700 I'll wait for the 9000 if it really is a revolutionary BB and hang onto the 8700. Unless of course I water damage the 8700 and have to accept the 8800 as replacement because they've run out of 8700's.

On a last note the tmob guy who sold be my 8700 said he was on his 2nd fone in 6 months. Seems he kept dropping his fone into puddles. Just his luck he said.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by domjon84
    Some people drink, some smoke, I email!!
    exactly what I was gonna say. people at work are always shocked that I get a new phone about every 4-6 months. you just have to pick and choose your vices.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

The Microwave is a genius tool for returning electronics. It's a trick I picked up a long time ago when I sold computers for Best Buy. To this day I use this technique when upgrading phones, laptops, cameras, ect.
    With short 1 secont bursts of microvage radiation, you can quickly render the circuitry ineffective before doing any visual damage to the outer case.
    (DO NOT NUKE FOR MORE THAN 1 SEC AT A TIME. Usually it only takes the first second. If you melt your BB you might have difficulty convincing the tech reps that it was caused by a powersurge while charging.)

The end result is always a non-functioning phone/laptop/monitor/camera. That cannont easily be explained = faulty merchandise = covered under warranty plans.

Have Fun!
    -Bob
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for bringing that up! I'm a college student which means that I'm always broke. I'm able to buy things that I want because I save money for it.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ha I thought for a second there you said put it in the microwave for 1 MINUTE! Hahahahah can you imagine?!!

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

This may sound cold but hear me out. Practice a 5-to-1 ratio of investment. Spend about 5x the amount you spend on leisure and reinvest in in yourself. This is especially crucial in your younger years (I see you're a little older than I am, but the advise is still applicable). Otherwise you're really limiting your potential (now and in the future).

If a c.$300 impulse purchase is a problem, you need to reevaluate your career options and goals. Something is out of whack in that case. There are still plenty of very well paying jobs in the United States. The problem is there are too few qualified applicants (see the 5:1 ratio).

Feel free to disagree if you would like. But ask a few well compensated or high net worth individuals how they did it.

My $0.02

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Audrey,
    you might have dificulty explaining that to the tech rep.... However, I suppose an extreme crackberry addict might accidently find him/herself in such a scenario.

"I was making myself a tv dinner and accidently left my BB in the microwave with supper....."
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

PIN/ID
    24431D74

Work will pay for mine. I work in IT and am the BES admin. So it's just my company's "cost of doing business" to equip me with a BB and a BB plan.

They quickly found out they can reduce their costs, increase uptime, improve support by spending a little $$$ on me. So I get one of the new handsets each time. I get a BB. They get support in exchange. So everyone wins.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Must be nice!

PIN/ID
    24431D74

It is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234