Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I agree with deucedst, I am waiting on the 9xxx to come out. I hae ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: I know this is personal, but...........

Advertisement

I agree with deucedst, I am waiting on the 9xxx to come out. I hae a 8703e and it works good for me now and the only thing that would be handy is the Wi-Fi. So, I'll be waiting on the 9xxx series to make it's way to Sprint.

dbarrett5381 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ED6FE4

I have a "Cell Phone Fund" in my budget and set aside 50$ every month so that way when a phone comes out that I have money to buy it. Budgets really do work ..........

ckien no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24218c21

i got my 8700 for free...so until i can get another bb for free as an upgrade from t-mo i probably stick with it until then...college students.. you know...FREE applies to everything because money is never around when you need it except the weekends =)

swtrainer no está en línea Stack level 2

Like others, I sell my old phones on eBay. Typically, I find that if you look at what it would sell for from the carrier as an upgrade, you can sell it for close to that on eBay because the buyer isn't incurring a new 1 or 2 year contract. For instance, an 8700c upgrade on Cingular was $199 and I was able to sell my 8700c on eBay for $175 (buy it now). That allowed me to afford my new Pearl.

BTW, I'm sticking with the Pearl as I've adjusted to the SureType keyboard and actually find it better and more accurate than the full QWERTY of the 8700!

-swtrainer

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree with Einherjer. I love suretype and form factor. I'm not giving it up in the near future.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

From what I gather today there aren't gonna be any 8800s (aka Pregnant Pearl) to buy next week anyway, which comes as no surprise. And if you wait until April the 8820 may be just around the corner, won't that be nicer? I got my Pearl for free (Amazon) so I can't disconnect it until April or it costs me $250.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~for some reason I always find great deals on BB's idk how I just search around a lot

domjon84 no está en línea Stack level 2

I work for T-mobile and I will get it when I go to blackberry training next month....otherwise yeah I just shell out the cash for it..Its worth it money to me...

Some people drink, some smoke, I email!!
    Dominick R. Jones
    ALLTEL
    WC
    Domjon84@yahoo.com

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Thumbs up Re: I know this is personal, but...........

dbarrett, the phone budget is a fantastic idea!!! im loving it. It does make sooooo much sense, not to convince my husband who isnt a gadget person.....wish me luck
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

wildeagle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205AA9A9

I am by no means rolling in money and in fact I don't like buying new anything. That is why I have a very very very good relationship with a company sales rep and get invited special launch parties (I forward them alot of corporate clients). I have an 8700 that I did not pay for and if everything works out well I will be getting an 8800 upgrade for free as well.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by potthoff
    I'm sooo excited about getting the new 8800 next week. But not looking forward to spending the money on a new phone, when I've only had my 7130c for about 6 weeks. But I want it so badly. I just can't afford it.

I was just curious, it seems that a lot of people on this forum will be upgrading to the 8800 from phones such as the Pearl and 8700 series. How do individuals (not corporations) afford to upgrade each time a new BB comes out. Are you all rolling in more dough that I am? Have more credit?

Maybe I'm just jealous of everyone getting an 8800 before I do. How silly of me. Oh well.

At least there will be time to work out it's quirks before I'm actually able to afford to upgrade to one.

Lisa
    Well for me it's kind of like this. It isn't going to break me in any way to upgrade right now. It isn't like I've got a million in the bank yet, but like you said if I did upgrade I'd sell my Pearl and it wouldn't be that big of a dent. I have a serious phone addiction and you can ask my wife it's quite annoying.

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I too am waiting for the 9xxx. Lucky for me my day job allows me to splurge here and there...the limiting factors are the wife and kids. I have two young ones at home and their needs tap into my tech budget. Ahhh...to be young and single again.

dbarrett5381 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ED6FE4

Quote Originally Posted by wendycharles
    dbarrett, the phone budget is a fantastic idea!!! im loving it. It does make sooooo much sense, not to convince my husband who isnt a gadget person.....wish me luck
    I got the Idea because I never really spend money except for phones. Well my wife gets her hair and nails done like clockwork and we have a category in our budget for that so I just made one for my phone addiction, and my wife is o.k. with it, because she gets hair and nail treatments. So I can have a new phone like every 3 months if I sell my old one on ebay!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Beg, borrow and/or steal.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    I have a "Cell Phone Fund" in my budget and set aside 50$ every month so that way when a phone comes out that I have money to buy it. Budgets really do work ..........
    ...and not a bad idea if you ever have to replace a lost/stolen/broken device since many carriers won't even insure BB's.

It's all a matter of priorities. Where there's a will there's a way....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast