Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I'm sooo excited about getting the new 8800 next week. But not looking forward to ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

I know this is personal, but...........

Advertisement

I'm sooo excited about getting the new 8800 next week. But not looking forward to spending the money on a new phone, when I've only had my 7130c for about 6 weeks. But I want it so badly. I just can't afford it.

I was just curious, it seems that a lot of people on this forum will be upgrading to the 8800 from phones such as the Pearl and 8700 series. How do individuals (not corporations) afford to upgrade each time a new BB comes out. Are you all rolling in more dough that I am? Have more credit?

Maybe I'm just jealous of everyone getting an 8800 before I do. How silly of me. Oh well.

At least there will be time to work out it's quirks before I'm actually able to afford to upgrade to one.

Lisa

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3

Re: I know this is personal, but...........

well, I dont only splash out on BBs, but a lot of tech gear.... I sell my stuff when I upgrade (laptops, computer and peripherals, cell phones, BBs etc)... that way, I can generally pay for 50% to 75% of the new purchase.

And I aint rolling in $$$

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here oxide. I usually sell older tech gear to pay large amounts of the new. I sold my 8700 for 175 and bought the pearl for 249.
    Potthoff, can't you just find some oil tycoon in TX to be your sugar daddy? Lol j/k.

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

Lisa, Im in the same boat. I sell my old phones to co-workers or on ebay and ask about 60-75% of the value. I will take payments and this help the future owner.
    Wendy
    Iphone...what else would a MAC user have.....

LOL I've been looking for a sugar daddy, but they're all old and crinkled. Plus, all the available sugar daddies like young girls in their 20's.......and younger. Unfortunately I'm in my 30's.

I was thinking of maybe robbing a bank or counterfeiting lotto tickets. Anything for a new BB.....................J/K

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I am more of a disposable cell phone sort of sugar daddy, rather than a BB 8800 sugar daddy LOL

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well if you find one old enough like Anna Nicole Smith you can buy as many as you want! And only have to deal with him a couple years!
    Course leave the drugs alone and just get your Crackberry fix

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

I would absolutely say sell old tech to buy new. I've sold every one of my Blacks for at least half of what the upgrade is gonna cost me. I figure getting to use it for a year and the it pays for half of the bigger better model.....that's the only way to go for me.

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree. Also keep in mind that the longer you hold on to your gear, the more it depreciates. To some degree, it's BEST that you unload it sooner rather than later. I have a 4G 40GB iPod that I got initially for $450. 1 1/2 years later - they were selling for $75 on eBay. No thanks, I think I'll keep my worthless toy for now

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm not getting the 8800, i prefer suretype over qwerty keyboard, not to mention smaller size.

If I were to sell the phone on ebay, what preparation would I need to prepare the phone for private sale? Must it be unlocked? Wipe OS or just personal data?.............

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by potthoff
    If I were to sell the phone on ebay, what preparation would I need to prepare the phone for private sale? Must it be unlocked? Wipe OS or just personal data?.............
    I would definitely call Cingular to have it unlocked as this will help sell it quicker (opens it up to people on other carriers). Personally, I would do a complete wipe with JL Commander and then reinstall the O/S, just to be safe. I'm not sure what luck people have, but I notice many people trying to sell their BB's here on the Stacks as well.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I married a talented woman who is doing well for the family. Lol. Tmo happens to have really good upgrade options if your eligible. I get about 5 phones a year just for my self. Most I have given away to friends but I have a few on stand by incase of a blackberry disaster. Until I got a blackberry I was in search for the perfect phone. The pearl is the only phone I have kept this long

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I can't 'afford' it. But I won't go without it either! I skimmed a hundred off the gas, light and car pymnt and said the hell with Verizon (my home phone) Of course as soon as I scrapped the $ for this the pwr steering fouled up in my truck which is fresh outta warranty. I'm actually waiting now to find out exactly what's wrong and how much. But that's it cause the only dough I got is set aside for my BB nxt wk! I like all my tech toys so I usually hold onto them rather than try'n 2 trade up for them.

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

I sell mine on eBay.
    I wipe out the BB before sending it to the lucky winner....
    The eBay proceeds go to my new gadget pruchase..........I'm for the 9xxx to come out before I upgrade again...
    Deucedst

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast