Can anyone recommend an OTA HTML viewer for my 8820? I know there are two ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

lovodo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CDD1C

HTML Viewer

Advertisement

Can anyone recommend an OTA HTML viewer for my 8820? I know there are two dominant ones out there (Empower and BBSmart), but which one works best on 8820 with 4.2 OS?

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    Beware of Empower. I used it and liked it better than bbsmart but when I went to 4.5 it had problems. Six months of emails to their support dept went unanswered. I have not checked their website lately but at the time I checked and there had been no updates for months. I was (and still am) unsure if they were still in business.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lazarj18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Empower is hands down the best. Works great with 4.2 as well as 4.5. The problem I had once I updated my os was that empower would not let me open attachments within email. I sent an email to empower and they sent me the update.so they still are in business. And now I can open all the attachments I receive. I have 3 email accounts on my BB and empower helps me see which one is being used via received messages quickly and easily.

lazarj18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here is the email I received from empower. This will answer your question and hopefully solve any issues you have.

There is a free upgrade available for Empower HTML Pro. The new version fixes an attachment issue with OS 4.5 and above. Basically, in some releases of OS 4.5 (for ex, v4.5.0.77 or v4.5.0.102) RIM has turned off access to some features that allowed 3rd party programs like Empower Pro to open attachments. This resulted in Menus not being displayed at all in emails with attachments. In case you are on such an OS, then please upgrade to the latest v3.0.80.7 of Empower Pro. For this, just point your BlackBerry Browser to bota.getempower.comc and click on the Pro Edition link install the correct version of Empower Pro for emails with attachments. This version allows RIM native viewer to show emails with attachments and handles all other emails itself

Hopefully this helps you out.

rsjr72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello,
    If your carrier has not released OS 4.5 Empower is much better over the BB smart, and I have had both. I am not a fan of either my 8820 was bricked twice because of Empower, and BB smart is just terrible. My suggestion is to upgrade your OS to 4.5. Just about every carrier has released it. Good Luck.

lovodo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CDD1C
    Thanks for the detailed replies, I think I will go with Empower. I have no desire to upgrade my OS to 4.5 so I should be ok. Thanks