Hello, its my first post on the forum, as our company is implementing the use ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

HiSoC8Y no está en línea Stack level 2

How to update bulk amount of BB devices?

Advertisement

Hello,

its my first post on the forum, as our company is implementing the use of blackberry, and im responsible for this project.

i was thinking, when we will have say about 50 units with employees, is there a way to update the devices remotely from a central server? for example, if there is a software update, or we want to install a third party software on a BB which is with an employee in a remote office.

because it will be a long procedure to physically bring the BB and update it.

i wanted to know if there a solution to do it remotely.

thank you

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: How to update bulk amount of BB devices?

You can install and update third party software from your BES over the air but not the handheld OS. It has to be done using a USB cable and desktop manager. I hear that in version 5 we should be able to do over the air OS updates.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

HiSoC8Y no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: How to update bulk amount of BB devices?

Quote Originally Posted by PacketRat
    You can install and update third party software from your BES over the air but not the handheld OS. It has to be done using a USB cable and desktop manager. I hear that in version 5 we should be able to do over the air OS updates.

PacketRat,

Thanks for the information.