Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well, took a couple tries and two different BT dongles.. but finally success! Targus BT ... Blackberry 8800 & 8820 forum

midlifez no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to setup Bluetooth DUN on Sprint 8830

Advertisement

well, took a couple tries and two different BT dongles.. but finally success!

Targus BT dongle was crap, bad tools, locked up Vista if it and the mouse were plugged in. So bit the bullet, got a Dell BT mouse off of ebay, and then today got a Kensington BT dongle at Best Buy. Very cool the Kensington, barely sticks out the USB port. Followed the instructions from the Toast link above, a few reboots later and I am now surfing the net on my notebook with my 8830 as a Bluetooth modem.

Woot!

EDIT

Mine is an 8830 on Sprint if that matters...

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im getting a notebook with bluetooth (HP 9420, 2.2ghz) soon then I can get with the BT DUN. Tethering is fine in the meantime. But I had a ?, would the BT 2.0 on 8830 and newest BT on pc have an effect on speeds. I hear its slower than usb but was that with the slower BT? Just asking cause I avg 500-600kb/s through usb tethering on Alltel EVDO network. Thanks in advance!

midlifez no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by James80 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im getting a notebook with bluetooth (HP 9420, 2.2ghz) soon then I can get with the BT DUN. Tethering is fine in the meantime. But I had a ?, would the BT 2.0 on 8830 and newest BT on pc have an effect on speeds. I hear its slower than usb but was that with the slower BT? Just asking cause I avg 500-600kb/s through usb tethering on Alltel EVDO network. Thanks in advance!
    Slower than tethered via USB? Probalby though in a pinch and for most stuff it is not bad at all. At least on Sprint... Plus one less cable to carry, or at least one less for me anyway since I found today a car charger that the part the plugs into the cig plug has a USB connector. So no more having to carry a car charger and the wall charger and the sync cable...

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ok thanks midlifez!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12